chapter 2

i stepped into the rainbow room to see brenner standing above a little girls limp body and henry standing over a few more dying or dead children. henry had tears running down his face. this wasn't him.. it couldn't have been..

i woke up to the alarm blaring over the PA to wake us up. i got up and saw henry was basically already dressed. and he smiled at me. he walked over and helped me button my shirt up. "todays a long day.." henry said mocking dr brenner. "it's always a long day. he's an asshole." i said laughing with henry. he smiled at me. "i really like moments like this." he said putting his shoe on. "moments like what?" i knew what he meant. i just wanted him to say it. wanted it to be more romantic.. "you smiling, us laughing together." he said smiling. he looked down at his shoes and saw a blood mark on the left shoe. "oh.." i said softly. i handed him a tissue with a bit of water on it and he scrubbed it off. "from one of the children getting a nose bleed." he smiled. and tossed the tissue behind me into the trash can. we stepped out into the hall and shut the door. once we were in the rainbow room with the kids, we separated so dr. brenner wouldn't think anything of us being too close. he was staring at me from across the room with a slight smile on his face. amber, the other white suited worker saw and walked over to him, she began clearly flirting. she was twirling her hair and talking to him. she made him laugh and he was smiling at her, laughing with her. i wasn't jealous. i didn't care. why would i? now she was touching him. what the fuck. she was squeezing his muscles and laughing as he laughed with her. i was jealous. he's not even mine. we are barely even friends but still. she's doing it on purpose. so i wasn't giving in. i ignored it and looked away. she looked at me, winked and turned back at him and leaned in and went to kiss him. that was it. he denied the kiss and sort of pushed her away. he told her to fuck off and she did. she went back to the corner with 003. he looked at me, concerned. i rushed out of the room and back into me and henry's room, locking the door behind me. about 3 minutes later i heard a soft knock. "hey hun.. open up. please? it's my room too.." henry said softly outside the door. i opened the door with my powers, which dr. brenner helped me develop 13 years ago, but that's another story for another time. he pushed the door the rest of the way open and looked at me with a concerned but gentle look. he stepped up infront of me and lifted my chin up, so my eyes were met with his. he could visibly see the tears in my eyes. "princess, why are you crying?" he said looking down in my eyes and caressing my cheek with his thumb. i closed my eyes and looked down. "look at me when i talk to you sweetheart." he said and i felt my face get extremely hot. i looked up at him and he smiled softly. "you were jealous." he said and i shook my head. "why would i be. you're not like my boyfriend or anything. i mean i barely even.. i don't care." i said shaking my head. "tsk, tsk, tsk." he shook his head and sat down on the bed. he removed his shirt and his shoes. "it's getting late sweetheart, but you aren't sleeping until you tell me exactly why the hell you're lying to me." he said and my heart dropped. i was immediately turned on. i didn't know why. he was nothing to me. i continued to remind myself that so i wouldn't fall in love with him. "hmm?" he said pulling me out of my thoughts. "yes.. i was jealous.." i said softly. hoping he didn't hear me. "i know princess. i can tell. i think that's really cute y,know." he said standing up and walking towards me. our eyes met and i had to look straight up because i looked like a three year old standing next to him. i felt his arm slide into my hip and latch on, and his other hand grab the side of my face, he lifted me up slightly and our lips met. he passionately kissed me and lifted me up off tbe ground effortlessly with one arm under my ass and the other holding my face and kissing me. i wrapped my legs around him and he laid me down on the bed. was this the man i wanted to take my virginity?