Chapter 10 - Different Visions for the World

They walked into Tony's lab to see him and Bruce working on the cradle. Both of them froze and looked up as Steve spoke.

"I'm gonna say this once-"

"How about nonce?" Tony asked.

"Shut it down!"

"Nope. Not gonna happen."

"You don't know what you're doing."

"And you do?" Bruce asked. "She's not in your head?"

"I know you're angry," Wanda tried.

"Oh, we're way past that. I could choke the life out of you and never change a shade."

"I looked inside their heads before we brought them in," Annabelle told him. "They just want to help."

"Banner, after everything that's happened-"

"It's nothing compared to what's coming!" Tony finished.

"You don't know what's in there!" Wanda told him.

"This isn't a game," Steve said at the same time. The entire room erupted into an argument before the cradle seemed to short circuit and Pietro appeared, holding one of the plugs.

"No, no," he said as they all stopped and stared at him. "Go on. You were saying." There was suddenly a gunshot and Pietro fell through the glass square on the floor.

"Pietro!" Wanda yelled, running over and looking down to see him on the floor with Clint standing above him. The cradle suddenly started beeping and Tony went back to work.

"I'm rerouting the upload," he told Bruce. Steve threw his shield and Tony called his suit, firing a beam at Steve and sending him across the room.

Bruce put Wanda in a headlock, whispering, "Go ahead, piss me off." The entire room started fighting each other as Annabelle watched helplessly.

"Stop it!" she yelled, but she turned as Thor ran into the room, standing on top of the cradle and raising his hammer.

"Wait!" Bruce yelled, but Thor had already conjured up lighting and directed it towards the cradle. They all watched with wide eyes as the lighting disappeared and the room went quiet. Suddenly, the cradle burst open and Thor went flying as a red, vibranium man flew out, slowly standing up and looking around. He had a yellow stone in the middle of his forehead Annabelle could feel the heat coming off of it from where she stood. The man suddenly flew forwards, taking Thor with him as they all rushed to the main living space of the compound where Thor landed as the man stared at the city where Annabelle usually did the same. Steve went to go forwards, but stopped as Thor held out a hand. The man shifted his body, putting on something similar to clothes.

"I'm sorry," he apologized as he flew down to the mean level and landed. "That was... odd. Thank you," he told Thor before creating a cape to attach to his own clothes.

"Thor, you helped create this?" Steve asked.

"I've had a vision," he tried to explain. "A whirlpool that sucks in all hope of life and at its center is that," he pointed to the gem.

"What, the gem?"

"It's the Mind Stone," he told Bruce. "It's one of the six Infinity Stones, the greatest power in the universe, unparalleled in its destructive capabilities."

"Then why would you bring-"

"'Cause Stark is right," he cut off Steve.

"Oh, it's definitely the end times," Bruce let out.

"The Avengers cannot defeat Ultron," Thor continued.

"Not alone," the man said.

"Why does your vision sound like Jarvis?"

"We reconfigured Jarvis' matrix to create something new," Tony told Steve.

"I think I've had my fill of new."

"You think I'm a child of Ultron," Vision said, looking at Steve.

"You're not?"

"I'm not Ultron. I'm not Jarvis. I am... I am."

Wanda stepped forwards. "I looked in your head and saw annihilation."

"Look again."

Clint scoffed. "Her seal of approval means jack to me."

"Their powers, the horrors in our heads, Ultron himself, they all came from the Mind Stone. But so did Annabelle's abilities," Thor told them, softening as he looked at the younger girl. "But nothing compares to what it can unleash. But with it on our side-"

"Is it?" Steve asked. "Are you? On our side?"

"I don't think it's that simple."

"Well, it better get real simple real soon," Clint told him.

"I am on the side of life. Ultron isn't. He will end it all."

"What's he waiting for?"

"You," he answered Tony.

"Where?"

"Sokovia," Clint said and Annabelle looked at the twins. "He's got Nat there too."

"If we're wrong about you, if you're the monster that Ultron made you to be..."

"What will you do?" Vision asked Bruce, but he didn't answer. "I don't want to kill Ultron. He's unique and he's in pain. But that pain will roll over the Earth, so he must be destroyed. Every form he's built, every trace of his presence on the net. We have to act now and not one of us can do it without the others. Maybe I am a monster," he admitted, looking at his hands. "I don't think I'd know if I were one. I'm not what you are and not what you intended. So there may be no way to make you trust me, but we need to go." He picked up Mjolnir and held it out for Thor, the rest of the Avengers freezing. Thor took it and Vision walked off, leaving the rest of them in silence.

"Alright," Thor got out of his shock first, patting Tony on the shoulder. "Well done."

"Three minutes," Steve told them. "Get what you need."

Sorry I've been MIA for the past couple posting times. I've been at camp and then my eleven year old sister had surgery, so I've been a bit busy. Hope you liked it though! Only three chapters left!