Chapter 4

A week passed fast, and the couple was busy with their work. So, there was not much going on with the week that passed. However, they will always have lunch, or Y/N will bring Nayeon lunch in the practice room.

Nayeon's solo will be released in an hour, and Y/N already has a plan with Chaeyoung to surprise Nayeon.

Outside, Y/N prepared a minivan promoting Nayeon's solo and will be playing POP! for the whole day in front of the JYP building. While Y/N has a bouquet of sunflowers, Chaeyoung holds a congratulation cake, making their way to TWICE's dorm.

Right after the release, Y/N pulled out her phone to play the video on youtube while Chaeyoung knocked on the door of where the girls were. Of course, the girls also know that Y/N will surprise her. They were told by Y/N ahead of time. As Mina opened the door, Chaeyoung was already smiling because of excitement, so Mina also giggled, letting the two enter. "Nayeon unnie is in her room. Come on." After Mina said that, Chaeyoung went in sneaking, and Y/N did it too after taking their shoes off.

Momo looked at Y/N, but Y/N just shrugged it off. She knows that Momo has been worried for them ever since, especially for Y/N. She does not like the fact that Y/N was letting herself get hurt. Y/N was really close with Momo since the girl's survival show. Even if Y/N knew Nayeon first, Momo was the one who was close with Y/N first. And their closeness before wasn't only just friendship because Momo fell for Y/N. However, this broke Momo's heart when Y/N told Momo that she liked Nayeon. Despite what happened, Momo chose their friendship, and what happened made her realize that she did not come to Korea to find herself a lover but rather to reach for her dreams.

They slowly opened Nayeon's room and peeked. Chaeyoung did not see Nayeon in her room, so she thought that Nayeon was in the bathroom. Therefore, they took the chance to throw the petals of roses all over the bedroom floor. Yet, they did not hear anything from the bathroom, so they tried to knock a few times but still had no response. That's where they decided to open the door. It was surprisingly unlocked.

"Eh? Where's Nayeon unnie?" The girls all looked at each other except for Jihyo. "Oh! Nayeon-ah told me she'll be out. I thought I told you, girls? Sorry." Jihyo bowed apologetically because she thought Nayeon's absence would help them with the surprise, but it backfired.

Y/N decided to call Nayeon a few times while putting down the bouquet and signaling Chaeyoung to put down the cake at the empty table in the dining room.

For the tenth time of calling Nayeon, it was finally answered. Thus, Y/N signaled everyone to shush first while they put her on the loudspeaker.

"Nayeon-ah, where are you?" Y/N tried to sweeten her tone so their conversation would sound normal, like how they do it.

"I'm here at the dorm. Why?" Of course, the girls heard it and knew that Nayeon was lying, but there were four pair of eyes whose looks were far more than the others and was looking at Y/N's reaction intently.

"Eh? But I'm here too at the front door. I don't hear you from here." Y/N sounded surprised and confused. She knows that Nayeon will lie again after hearing her first reply.