VI - Cover

"You do play..." Caroline speaks almost in a whisper, eyes wide in disbelief directed to my electric guitar hanging on my standing body in front of hers sitting on the couch on the basement. Her gaze shifts to my face as I brush my hair back while looking down at my fingers laying on top of the strings to prevent them from making any more noise.

I spent yesterday looking for her to talk with her about how to start working on the band. I hadn't seen her anymore after she left my table on the cafeteria the day before, and only earlier today we had a second encounter and finally agreed on meeting at her house after classes.

I almost couldn't breathe of excitement as I ran up the stairs of my empty house, packed my guitar and immediately left again only with that on top of my skateboard straight to her address. I was relieved she told me she had an amplifier; mine would have been a little too big to carry that way. Though then I was surprised by how wealthy her family seems to be.

The house is pretty big; the light pink color on the exterior decorates the two floor small palace in the middle of a wide green garden protected by a tall golden gate right at the border of the town. Inside, a marble staircase was the first thing I saw. Caroline quickly indicated me the main rooms and then took us to her basement before I could even understand if there was anybody else home to greet.

We settled in what seemed like a darker, but funnier version of a living room; with a simple snooker table in one middle, a television faced to a couple of couches destined to either play or watch games, and then music on one of the walls. There is a sound equipment against it and a heavy amount of cassettes and vinyls displayed in shelves all along it. I had never see a wall so pretty, honestly.

"...the guitar." She finishes after a gulp and I unsucced at hiding my smirk, satisfied with the reaction I got from her after my demonstrative solo. I started making it up calmly, taking conscience of the sounds I played and wanted to play, and then slowly increased to quick notes I'm sure I messed up some of the times, but they were so quick it couldn't even be noticed. When there's a higher pitch that's when I like the most, so I obviously didn't left those out, having bent the strings with precision.

About five minutes passed or maybe five days did instead, but all I know now is Caroline's speechless figure playing my small crowd, and I can not deny I like it. Actually, now that I think about it, I don't think many people have really heard me play, and the only complements I get from it are Billy's wish I could play like you stares
and my mother's curses.

"Alright, thanks. Now you show me what you've got." I tell her smilingly impatient, putting the guitar away and readying to make myself the crowd and her the performer. She takes a deep breath, following me with her eyes for a moment and then calmly going to stand at her piano she had previously set up. It does have a lot of buttons and options of sounds, and I found it incredibly useful when she showed me how it is about just selecting which one you want and play normally on the keys with it. It even has other instruments - which is awsome - and a few different beats already made on it that you can use to play any other thing on top of it - which is extra awsome.

"I'm gonna play the first one I learned.." I watch as she nervously checks for the right sound and nod at her when she insists in how unprofessional she still is, fearing I might judge her.

However, when she takes another deep breath and plays four descending notes on a high tone and some other ascending ones on a lower one right after, I literally feel goosebumps. And I think I stop breathing for some seconds trying to come to terms that is really Carrie by Europe and I'm not confusing. I can't see her hands from this angle so I remain to watch her focused expression, although starting to swing her head softly as she moves her arms to the sides as if she's just playing automatically and appreciating the melody she performs more than not mistake it.