[01]

"When   something feels off.... It is"
Lyra's Pov

I walk toward the other cops and flash them my badge before going under the yellow tape. There was a dead body and B was examining the body.

"What do we got?" I asked B

"26-year-old male shot in the head, and a slit in the throat almost like a marking or something like that," she replied back

" Do we have any idea who did this?" I asked while circling the body on the ground

"No idea, but I think they were trying to fight back see these marks on his arm and the back of his neck," she said while showing me

"Ok, let's get the body back so you can examine it more."

"Ok, I'll get somebody on it."

"Thanks, B."

Before I could turn around I see something on the guy's body that interest me. I put a glove on and grab what looked to be a piece of hair, I asked somebody for a small bag so I could put the piece of hair in it.

I got in my car and took it to my house. I unlocked the door and put everything down and rushed over to my desk to run the piece of hair to figure out who it belonged to.

My computer started to analyze the piece of hair. It said it was gonna take a little so I got up to get some food from my kitchen. I made roman noodles and sat back down waiting for my computer to finish up.

I decided to watch All American until my computer was done analyzing the hair. After about 10 minutes it was finally done analyzing. There was a picture of a guy named Giovanni Anderson, he wasn't that good looking but I looked over his records and saw nothing.

I wrote down his number and address and decided to dig deeper to see If I can find anything else about him. I then found out he has a cousin named Blake Valentino I click on his name and GOD was this man super gorgeous. For a minute I think I was drooling over his picture.

Before I could continue looking at him and his amazing hair and eyes my phone was going off, It was my best friend Kia.

THE PHONE CALL

LYRA: Hello?

KIA: Get ready to go out!

LYRA: W-

THE PHONE CALL ENDS

What was that I asked myself, there was a knock on the door so I got up and opened it, it was just Kia looking at me. I move out of her way and let her in while closing the door behind her.

"Come on get ready I didn't stutter!" she said while dragging me to my bedroom and picking an outfit for me

"Where are we going?" I asked sitting on my bed

"Out, put this on," she said while handing me a baby blue dress

"But I have things to do I can't go out!"

"You can and you will, you never go out you just work all the time, it's time for a night out!"

I sigh as there is no point in arguing with her "Fine, only this one time though."

She got out of the room so I could change, when I was done I went out and saw her on the couch waiting for me, she looked at me with a big smile on her face. She was in a red dress with box braids in her hair.

"Ok time for a little bit of makeup!" she said as she walked to my bathroom and looked for my makeup until she finally found it.

I sat on the toilet while she added some mascara, blush, highlight, and a little bit of eyeshadow.

"Now we're ready to go!" Kia said while fixing her dress a little.

"Let's go before I change my mind," I said walking towards the front door

Kia walked out of the house and I locked the door following her. We decided to get an Uber because we were gonna be drinking.

I called an Uber and It came in after like five minutes. We stopped at a club named Neon Nights it seems like a lot of people come here to have fun because the line was super long. Kia looked at me and then back at the line.

"Follow my lead," she said with a smirk. She went up to one of the bodyguards and whispered something in his ear and he smiled and opened the gate. Kia grabbed my arm and we went inside.

I could hear the other people getting mad about how they had to wait in line but we got to go in I didn't care, I'm just glad I didn't have to stand in that long line.

We entered and the music was so loud I could barely hear myself think, Kia and I were at the bar and I was looking around it was a pretty nice club. There were a lot of drunk people dancing and making out.

"What can I get you, ladies," The bartender asked

"Will have four vodkas with four limes please," Kia said with a smile

"Coming up," the bartender said back while giving her a wink

The drinks were done so we walked to find an empty table. We finally found one and sat down. I wasn't a big alcohol drinker I could barely handle my drinks, I looked at Kia who was setting two shots and limes by me and the same by her.

"On the count of three... One.. Two.. Three." She said while grabbing the shot glass and throwing it back as I did the same. God was it strong, I felt my throat burning while the vodka went down my throat.

We got two more shots before we went dancing, as soon as we got on the floor they started playing Dance Monkey by Tones and I.

They say, oh my god, I see the way you shine

Take your hands, my dear, and place them both in mine

You know you stopped me dead while I was passing by

And now I beg to see you dance just one more time

Ohh I see you, see you, see you every time

Kia and I started to dance with each other while singing the song, we didn't even realize that people were cheering us on. I was caught in the moment that I didn't even care if people were watching me.

And, oh my, I, I, I like your style

You, you make me, make me, make me wanna cry

And now k beg to see you dance just one more time

So dance for me, dance for me, dance, oh oh oh

I've never seen anybody do the things you do before

Kia started to go down slow and came back up, I was laughing while swinging my hips to the music. I looked around to see that people made a circle and me and Kia were in the middle, but what I saw next made me even more shocked. It was Giovanni Anderson.

"I'll be right back, I need to use the bathroom," I said looking at Kia. She just nodded her head and kept dancing.

I started to follow Giovanni, at first I thought I lost him until I saw him heading down a long hallway. I followed him slowly trying not to make it obvious that I was following him, he walked outside but when I got out there nobody was there. I looked to my left and then to my right nobody I was about to go back in when suddenly somebody put something on my face I knew they were trying to make me fall asleep so I held my breath while jabbing my elbow into them. They made a loud grunt sound, but I couldn't hold my breath in any longer, their arm was loose around my face I tried to turn around to see who it was but then everything went black and my body hit the pavement.

AUTHORS NOTES

Hello everybody! I hope you guys have enjoyed the first chapter of the book. Please let me know if you liked it and give me some feedback because that would help me! Have a good day or night!!!

Please vote for my book and add it to your library it would mean so much to me! I hoped you guys enjoyed this! my second chapter will be out in a few days!

Words on this page: 1,387 :)