Chapter Fourteen [M]

It was Friday afternoon and y/n had just gotten off the phone with Captain Jones regarding Kim Jong-in. He confessed to deleting the footage and being paid to do so, but he said the person never said their name, so he didn't know any more leads that would help y/n tie the case up in a pretty bow for the jury. She sighed and went back to reading over some files she had printed off before, scribbling a few notes down in the margins of the papers. She was hard at work when a knock was heard. Y/n didn't look up and just told whoever it was to come in as she looked over to her laptop, keying in a few more things from the notes she jotted down.

"Hey, so is your workaholic ass going out to drink tonight or is this case going to keep you from that?" Jennie asked as y/n looked over to the woman,

"Honestly, I think I will be able to make it tonight. I just won't be drinking a lot because I'll continue stuff in the morning about all of this because it's getting to crunch time." Y/n told Jennie as she now had a smile on her face,

"Good! Jisoo said that she'll be our DD tonight because she has a family thing tomorrow, so she won't be drinking. But in reality she doesn't need alcohol because she already does half the shit drunk people do." Jennie joked with y/n as the lawyer at the desk laughed because it was true. Jisoo was always acting drunk and off the rails, but that's what made her such a great friend because there was constant entertainment.

"Well then maybe I'll drink a little tonight." Y/n answered back as Jennie cheered happily,

"Yes! Maybe I'll find someone hot to sleep with! I'm going to use you to get people jealous, just letting you know now."

"Nini, how many times have we done that to get laid?"

"Too many to count. And if I did count, I'd probably be missing half because of the alcohol." That statement made y/n frown and get worried,

"You've gotten laid when you were that drunk?" Jennie shook her head rapidly,

"It was a joke, but I realized that it was a bad one."

"Ya think?" Y/n replied as Jennie just avoided eye contact, "what time is Jisoo picking me up?"

"Well everyone said to be at the club by 11, so like 10:30 because it doesn't take that long from your place."

"Alright, I'll see you two idiots in my driveway in," y/n glanced over to the clock on the wall, "7 and a half hours."

"Fantastic."

And then Jennie left, leaving y/n alone in her office once again. She hasn't been overwhelming herself that much today because knowing she slept for over 12 hours really got to her. She knew she couldn't have that happen again, so she dialed it back a bit and paced herself nicely. Y/n had all the evidence she really needed, a few more pieces would be nice, but she wasn't going to get greedy. She just had to connect all the events in an easy-to-digest type of way for the jury and that would be that.

But this was the most uneasy-to-digest case in the history of easy-to-digest cases.

She would need a miracle to happen in order for the jury to side with her. She needs one of the people she will be questioning to fuck up big time and say something that they weren't supposed to.

When 5pm rolled around, everyone started to pack their things up for the day and head home. Y/n was crammed in the elevator with Namjoon, Seulgi, Lia, and Yuna. They were all chatting with one another and y/n shifted around a little here and there, feeling a little uncomfortable. But they all got out in the lobby and said goodbye to each other for the time being because they would all be there getting drinks.

The drive back to y/n's house was a fun one with her windows down and music blasting. Y/n was singing along to the throwback songs she was listening to and she could feel the eyes on her whenever she was stopped at an intersection, but she didn't care. She needed to get into the clubbing mood early or else she wouldn't want to club. And since she isn't one for social gatherings anyway, she won't leave her house again for anything like a party because her social battery takes time to recharge.