Chapter 9 - Breaking The News

During this chapter Fitz and Biana's parents (Alden and Della) are told the news after being hailed by Keefe. Sophie hails her mother (Edaline) because her father (Grady) is off on an assignment.

Maruca's POV

I have been standing quietly in this corner for ages. My cousin woke up a while ago and I am right now overjoyed. Sophie just started yelling Fitz's name and is balling her eyes out. I see tears sliding down everyone's cheeks. Linh walked into the middle of the room with a bucket, she waved her hands in the air and everyone's tears came off of their eyes and into the bucket.

"Thanks Linh," Tam said, stroking Biana's dark brown hair again. Linh smiled and walked back over to Wylie. She snuggled up against him and that's when the thought hit me.

They belong together, Maruca thought smiling.

Keefe stood up and whispered something to Sophie. She nodded and let go of him. "I'm going to go and hail Fitz's parents and Dex and Sophie will break the news to them," he announced, trying to stop his voice from wobbling, but I could hear a tiny wobble when he said 'break the news to them'. He left the room and moments after he came back, the doors burst open and Alden and Della hurry in. They stride over to Fitz and Sophie and Dex tell them what happened.

"I am sorry, but there is nothing we could do to save him," Sophie told them, minutes later. Alden and Della looked distraught. Biana walked over to them and wrapped them in a hug.

"Was Alvar there?" Alden asked, shaking hard.

"Yes, he was," I told them, stepping out of the shadows. Alden and Della couldn't have looked sadder than anyone, ever. Marella ran over to me and wrapped me in a big hug.

"Maruca! I'm so glad your ok!" She said.

"I'm fine Linh, and yes, Alvar was there, he insulted Fitz, pretty bad. Alvar took it too far. I thought Fitz was going to leap at him, hit the force field and electrocute himeself. Luckily he didn't," I told them, with a sad smile.

After 2 hours of questions and planning, Fitz's planting would be held a week from now. Friends, family and the councillors are all going to be there. Biana's Willowing Gala with be postponed three weeks from now and the council will tell every elf what happened to Fitz in three days. After that was all agreed on, everyone went home. Sophie went and told Edaline what happened and she would tell Grady when he gets back from an assignment. I went with Wylie to his dad's house to spend the night.

"Hey Dad! I'm home! I brought Maruca!" Wylie yelled. "Where are you?" He added.

"Hey Wylie! Hey Maruca! I'm upstairs in the lounge room!" Prentice shouted back from upstairs. Wylie motioned for me to follow him upstairs.

"Dad? We need to tell you something," Wylie said, biting his bottom lip. He glanced at me and I nodded.

Prentice's POV

The kids came up and told me they needed to talk to me. Well their actually teens but they are like kids to me.

"So? What's up?" I asked them. They glanced at eachother, and Wylie took a deep breath.

"It's Fitz, he... he got hit in the chest by Ruy when we were training. The Neverseen attacked us," Wylie told me, shaking so hard that Maruca was holding him steady.

"Where is he? Is he OK?" I asked, worried. Maruca came and sat next to me on the couch.

"Uncle Prentice, he... he died a few hours ago. You are invited to the planting," she said handing me a green piece of paper. "Will you come?" She asked me.

"Of course. I wouldn't miss it for anything," I told her with a smile.

"Thanks!" She said smiling. "I should be heading off. Bye Wylie! Bye Uncle Prentice!" She said, waved and raised her crystal up to the light.

"You should head to bed. You have had a big day by the sound of it," I told Wylie. I wrapped him in a hug and then he ran upstairs and fell asleep.

Hey guys! On the next chapter will be what the invite to Fitz's planting looks like in our heads. Hope you liked the chapter! We will try and update soon! Love you guys! Bye!

Bridie and Ellie!