FIGHT OR FLIGHT

Chapter 13: Fight or Flight

The majority has selected option 1.

PATH UPDATED

Home Invasion: (Y/N) and Kaitlyn went to check out the sounds. - (Y/N) used the knife to free the gun from the hunter's grip.

PATH UPDATED

Something For Later: (Y/N) took the knife. - They had something to help free Jacob from the booby trap. - They were able to use the knife during the struggle in the lodge.

22.38 | August 22nd - (Y/N)

"Oh fuck!"

You swung the knife over the man's arms and felt it penetrate skin with a sickening squelch. The grip on the gun immediately loosened and Kaitlyn pulled it back before running down the stairs. The man yelled as you pulled the knife out of his arm. 

Gotta get out of here!

You tried to follow Kaitlyn but the intruder caught you by the arm and started pulling you back. You desperately swung the knife again and almost fell down the stairs when he released you. Stumbling down unsteadily, you heard the man's walkie talkie go off but you weren't about to stay there to find out what was going on. 

Oh shit we gotta get out of here

Kaitlyn was just around the corner, holding the gun up as she ran, when you hit stable ground on the lower floor. 

"Kaitlyn go!"

You yelled. She nodded and you set off after her in the direction of the room Nick and Abi were in. Your hand clenched around the knife harder than ever and every two seconds you had the resist the urge to turn back to see if you were being followed. You only did so when you turned the corner. Nobody was there, meaning you were in the clear for now. 

He knows what way we went though and the lodge isn't that big we have to get out of here entirely. That knife wound didn't seem like it would hold him off.

Moments later, both breathing heavily and rapidly, you and Kaitlyn returned to Nick and Abi. Kaitlyn opened the door and motioned for you to enter. You did so with no complaints and continued on over to Nick and Abi, Kaitlyn bringing up the rear with the gun still poised to shoot.

Abi and Nick were both stood up now, eyes wide in worry as you reunited.

"We gotta get out of here!"

You said, trying to control the volume of your voice as to not draw any unwanted attention.

"What happened?"

Nick asked.

"Huge guy in the lodge and he's coming after us. We don't have much time, we gotta get out."

"No! We have to hide!"

Abi countered. You looked at the door as footsteps started up again.

"Quick!"

Nick said, ushering everyone into a nearby hiding spot in the dark. 

Okay, if we keep quiet and still we can climb out through the window when he's gone. 

You heard the door open up and then the sounds of what could only be someone in the room. Sure enough, the man came into view a few moments later but you were sure he couldn't see you. It was as if you were standing in a blind spot.

You watched as he roamed around the nurses office before disappearing out of sight.

He's a fair distance away, if we wanna get out we have to do it now!