DESCENT INTO DARKNESS

Chapter 19: Descent into Darkness

The majority has selected option 1.

PATH CHOSEN

The Last Mission:  (Y/N) and Ryan went with Laura to find Chris.

00.45 | August 23rd - (Y/N)

Poolhouse

"I'm coming with you two."

You said. You weren't about to send Ryan and an infected Laura off to what was starting to look a lot like both a murder and a suicide mission alone. Plus; you weren't all that keen on staying with Kaitlyn, Dylan and Abi either, fearing that you might suddenly turn and kill them.

You could feel it in you. In hindsight; you always had, ever since you'd gotten bit but you only understood after Laura had told her story. Only then did you realize that you felt no pain on the now entirely closed up wound on your hand, you smelled every single person in the room (and their emotions, just about everyone smelled terrified. You didn't really know, it was hard to explain), and felt the slow hunger starting up in your stomach.

All the symptoms and more Nick, and supposedly Max, had shown.

Then there were the thoughts. Small things that had started creeping up in your mind, things you barely noticed at first and dismissed but now made sense. T̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶m̶u̶s̶t̶'̶v̶e̶ ̶b̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶w̶h̶y̶ ̶N̶i̶c̶k̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶o̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶f̶e̶l̶t̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶r̶i̶g̶h̶t̶,̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶w̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶a̶m̶e̶ a̶n̶d̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶k̶n̶e̶w̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶o̶

Yeah, thoughts like that. Now that I know about them I can't get rid of them...Fuck...

And when the time came and you turned into...a werewolf, you didn't want any of your friends there. Going with Laura and Ryan gave you a fighting chance to end the curse and cure yourself, Laura, Max, Nick. Plus, worst came to worst, turning alongside Laura while yelling at Ryan to run sounded better than brutally slaughtering Kaitlyn, Abi and Dylan. 

"What?" 

Laura questioned. She seemed even more confused than when Ryan had offered to come along.

"(Y/N), no it's too dangerous-"

Ryan countered but you raised your hand to signal for him to stop. 

"If we really can't lock me up, I'd rather try and end this thing before Laura and I turn. We kill Chris, this thing ends." You took a deep breath. "I...also don't want to end up turning with any of the rest of you and uh...killing you. When I turn, I want to do it as safely as possible with as little people around as I can ensure and lose control knowing I tried. This seems like the safest option for all of us."

Nobody said anything for a moment after you finished your spur of the moment speech. Everyone had to understand. From this point on, you and Laura were both problems and it was better that you stuck together w̶e̶r̶e̶w̶o̶l̶f̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶w̶e̶r̶e̶w̶o̶l̶f̶,̶ ̶h̶o̶w̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶.̶

You grimaced at the sudden thought but it wasn't as if it was wrong. Better the two of you and Ryan, who you couldn't seem to convince to step down, than both of you staying separate. Bigger threat if you did.

"Yeah...Yeah, okay. Makes sense."

Laura said sombrely, not meeting your eye. 

"(Y/N), are you sure?"