Five - Mila

"What time did he say he was gonna pick you up?" My sister bellowed through the foyer.

"Six! It's thirty minutes until I have to be ready and my makeup is barely done!" He'd texted me the time and asked for my address.

I stressed as the doorbell sounded.

"Absolutely fucking not!" I screeched as I swung open the front door.

Good God. Gabriel looked edible and I, for one, wanted to try. Wait, I take back that godawful statement. I almost physically cringed.

His dark hair was pushed back off his face and his face was clean shaven, making him look gorgeous. His olive skin looked soft and his light brown eyes were coated with thick, black eyelashes. His height looked like he'd been extended in a matter of days, my eyes travelling up his black slacks.

He was dressed in a white dress shirt, black slack pants, a black blazer with a red tie.

"You are thirty minutes early!" I threw my hands around as he watched with amusement.

"I said we'd be there for six, sweet Mila. You aren't dressed?" He cocked a brow as I gasped, realising.

"Oh fuck! I'm kind of sorry but not entirely because I want to beat the shit out of you. Come in and sit on the couch whilst I finish my makeup!" I ran around as he sat himself down.

I slipped into my room as I heard my sister laughing with him.

I quickly put on my mascara, going into emergency speed mode. I ended it with the matte finish Dior lipstick in the shade 'Célèbre'.

I slipped the dress on, the material hugging my curves in the most perfect way.

I looked in the mirror at my dark smokey eyeshadow, silk gown, and matte tinted lips which caused my lips to hook up in a smirk.

I slipped the heels on, making my way into the foyer.

"You look so good!" My sister screeched when her eyes widened the size of saucers. She came over to me to put her hand on my dress as I slapped it away.

"Ready to go?" I inched my brow up to hear Gabriel clearing his throat, nodding at me.

Did he think I looked bad?

I sighed, walking out the door as I said goodbye to my sister.

He walked behind me, his breathing quivering.

"Is something the matter?" I furrowed my brows, anger coursing through my veins.

"Nope." He popped his P, causing me to roll my eyes.

He put his hand on the small of my back as we got into his limo with his driver, Anthony.

He pulled out two black masquerade masks from the car door, telling me that this year's theme was masquerade and he'd left my sister a mask on the coffee table in the foyer.

"Why're you tapping your foot?" He noticed me bouncing my leg.

"Just a little nervous, that's all. I'll be fine." I waved him off before he tucked some hair behind my ear.

He inched his mouth to my ear, "you might have to get used to this."

I nodded as I eased underneath him.

"Look at me." I turned my head to him as he held the mask up to my eyes. He nodded before dropping his hand, speaking no words.

The air between us was laced with thick tension. All these years of despising one another, the competition between us both-it was right there, in the open. I know he felt it too. I know Gabriel felt all the built up tension.