Twenty-five - Mila

We were going home. Gabe wasn't going to his house. He was coming to my house

Holy fuck.

It took a while to convince me.

"Gabe, you can't just come to my house!" I groaned, packing away another bikini.

"Who says?"

"Hmm... let's see. The sister that I live with!" I screeched, earning a loud laugh from him.

"Callie won't mind. She's done her little ship thing on us. It went around my high school. Did it go around yours?" He knew it was Callie because nobody used phrases like "word garbage" and "oh em effing gee!".

"...yes. That's besides the point!" He pulled me onto the bed with him.

"Think about all the mindblowing sex." I sat, thinking about it for a second.

"No!" I sighed as he climbed over me.

"I think I might be able to convince you another way?" He kissed his way down my body.

"Fine. Just stop the torture." I begged.

"Your wish is my command."

"I fucking hate you." I sighed.

"Good."

Wasn't too bad at convincing me.

"You ready?" He asked me as I nodded, ignoring the fact I wasn't able to talk because I was going to cry. Literally.

"Don't cry. We had an awesome time and we will have an even more awesome time in Boston."

I gave him a kiss on his lips, moving to the backyard.

"I know what my son did to you, Camila." My heart dropped into my stomach.

"I had my slight...suspicions. He was weird when it came to the topic of you over dinner. I prayed your soul was safe, Dear. I did everything I could." She cried.

She knew about Kyle.

"Please don't cry." I pulled her into a hug.

"It wasn't your fault, Camila. My son...he is bad. Like his father. He is so bad. I wanted it to be fake. Like I was just paranoid. It's true, isn't it? My son, Kyle... he raped you. He tainted your kind soul, didn't he, Camila?" I couldn't get any words out. I just nodded, crying with her.

"I will never forgive myself for not telling anybody of my suspicions. I accused him of it and he slapped me...I am sorry. I am sorry I didn't tell anyone. Ti prego perdonami tesoro." Please forgive me, Honey.

"Please don't tell Gabriel. I am not ready." I begged her as she nodded, hugging me tightly, repeating her Italian like a chant.

"Do you blame me, Angela?"

"No, Ciccio, I do not blame you. You were a young girl who was captured by an evil soul. He did his best to break you but only made you stronger and smarter." She kissed my head before clearing out of the yard.

Gabe walked out and pulled me into a hug.

Please say he didn't hear any of that.

"It'll be okay. You can see her again next year. I know you're crying because we're leaving but I promise, you can see her whenever you want. Just ask." He didn't know. Thank God he didn't know.

"Okay." I nodded, sniffling slightly as he kissed my head tenderly.

"I wish you guys could stay." Laney's eyes were glassy when he pulled her into a hug and kissed her head sweetly. He did the same thing with Yazzy and gave Tyler a bro hug.