Sixteen - Gabriel

Mila woke up in a terrible mood and I didn't like how bad it was.

She pretended like my existence wasn't even a...thing.

"You okay?" I finally broke and I asked her.

It's now nine in the night.

Props to me for the self fucking control.

"I'm fine." She snapped, huffing out a breath of air.

Okay. Not fucking unsolicited at all.

"What the fuck?" I furrowed my brows as she looked at me, anger etching every single one of her gorgeous features.

"What's your problem?" She looked at me, asking what my problem was.

"My problem? There is no fuckin'- where the fuck are you going?! We are in the middle of talking!" She started to walk away from me as I tried to get her attention again.

"Well, I don't want to talk! Idiot." She scoffed, walking again.

"Quit acting like a fucking kid, Mila. What the fuck is this? We in fucking Mean Girls or something?" I shook my head when I heard her snicker, shaking it off and trying not to show me that she found this funny.

"Just leave me be, yeah?" She sighed, walking into the house and leaving me in the yard by myself. I walked into the kitchen to see my very worried mother.

"What happened?" She asked, her voice nervous. She hates yelling. Arguing. My mother is a pacifist and also a fucking angel.

"We just got into a little thing. All is well, Mamma. I'm not Dad." I dropped a kiss on her head when she realised I'd read her mind.

"No, baby! I didn't-"

"Mamma, I'm not mad. Somewhere in your gut, you were worried. It's reasonable. I am never going to be him." I engulfed her in a hug before leaving and walking into the sitting room.

Camila was curled up in herself, watching some show on the TV about aliens and conspiracy theories.

I sat next to her, silent and wordless.

"My sister is moving away because she fell in love with a man she didn't know was married."

Epic fucking bombshell.

What in the fuck's name?

"I'm sorry but can you repeat that?" I asked her in a daze of pure shock blinding my line of sight.

"Callie is leaving. I can't believe it, Gabe. Can you believe that?" Her eyes were glassy when she sat up, her head resting on her knees.

"I can't believe that, no. She might be needing a break, Camila. She's been through... a lot."

Junior year, her best friend ended his life.

Senior year, her other best friend ended her life.

Her mother is the she-devil.

Her sister is all she's ever had.

Now a married man? She is most definitely at her breaking point.

"She's never gonna talk to me again..." her voice broke on key, obliterating what was left of my heart.

"That will never fucking happen." I tucked some hair behind her ear when she turned to look at me. "You swear?"

"I fucking swear on my heart."

"Buy me ice cream and you are forgiven." She utters, a laugh escaping my throat involuntarily.

A huge smile is placed upon her lips. She is so beautiful.

"You are beautiful." I tell her as she looks in my eyes, a smile crinkling the corners of them.

"Get up! We're getting ice cream." I tell her as she stretches, holding her hand out for me to pull her up. I yank her upwards as she almost slips, our laughs mixing together throughout the living room.

"I'm sorry too." She tells me as I look at her and smile, letting her know that I don't mind and all is well in the world of Mila and Gabe.

We got in the car as she started to talk about someone who works for her.

"You're telling me you'd been working with him for that many years, you slept together, and he told another company your ideas and they're trying to sue you for copyright? Camila, what the actual fuck!?"

She laughed out loud as she told me more. She repeated the story again in a different way but I didn't tell her because my favourite sound was the sound of that fucking voice.

We arrived at the store as we got a shopping cart, roaming around and picking up anything we wanted. Tonight was movie night so we were in charge of snacks.

Mom really wanted us to make up.

"Gabriel Asher!" Jesus fucking Christ.

Save me now.

"Lorna!" Weird fucking woman. Weirdest.

"Oh hello!" She purred, her steel grip on my arm harder than the scowl that was furrowing Mila's eyebrows.

"This is my girlfriend, Camila." Introducing her as that has become pretty easy nowadays. Sounded almost real! Get it... it wasn't real, that's the joke.

"Hello Cami." She ignored her and called her Cami?

'Cami' next to me snorted and pushed the cart away, looking for something else.

"These chips okay, baby?" Aaannnddd my dick was hard in the middle of a grocery store.

"Yep. I should probably get going!" I inform Lorna, walking away with Camila who gave me a look.

"I know that look.

"What look?"

"The 'eww I hated that' look." She giggled, picking up a few bags of different candies.

"She's like forty and she's still trying to fuck me." I keep my voice low as she snickers, leaning into me to say something.

"Should give it a shot." She nudged me when I let out a loud howl, earning looks from different adults around me.

"Maybe. Cougars might not be too bad." She laughed loudly, earning more looks from older women.