Twenty-four - Mila

"Good morning." I kissed his lips as he woke up, a tired smile taking place on his face.

"Morning." He leaned forward, trying to kiss me before I grimaced and moved back.

"Morning breath." He shook his head and grabbed my face, smashing his lips into mine.

"I don't give a fuck. If I wanna kiss you, we'll kiss." I sighed slightly, nodding and kissing him just as powerfully.

"You're unreal." He tells me every single day, wowing me each time.

"Get up. We're going to the grocery store." He tells me as I nod, getting up and stretching, forgetting I have no clothes on.

"Maybe it can wait." He grabs my waist and pulls me back down to the bed when I laugh out loud.

"Why are we actually here?" Gabe's hand was interconnected with mine when I asked.

"Mamma wants a little grocery shop." He explains as I pick up a bag of chips and throw them in.

"We're having a barbecue, right?

"Yes we are. We go all fucking out." He winked at me before throwing sausages into the cart.

I pushed around the cart as he walked closely by, refusing to do more than hold my hand.

This was because I told him once that I hated PDA, especially in grocery stores.

"Are you okay with that?" I nodded at him, smiling at him and throwing some peppers into the cart.

"Good girl." He kissed the top of my head, putting chicken in the cart.

"Is Laney going to college?"

"I think she's doing fashion. She wants to make her own clothes." He explained it to me.

We walked around, making small talk as we walked back to the car and his hand was clutched in mine.

We drove back, music silenced as we made our own music with conversation.

We got out, clutching the bags and the scent of fire hit my nose as music wafted through the house and laughter filled the hallways.

We placed everything down when I ran upstairs and changed into a white bikini with pink hearts all over it.

I was tying a bikini cover-up around my waist when Gabe walked in, stripping off his shirt.

"It's illegal for the weather to be this hot." He shook his head, looking at me whilst I clip up my hair.

"You look gorgeous, though." He leaned forward, kissing my lips firmly.

I put my arms around his shoulders, playing with the shorter hairs on the back of his head.

"You're kind of weird." He lifted his brows.

"Jerk." I scoff, going to walk away when grabs my arm, kissing my lips.

"I have never in my life seen someone as beautiful as you."

"I'll forgive you but you have to give me food."

"Absolutely done." His arms were connected together around my waist, the smile on his face genuine.

"You could ask me to do anything and I would do it without a question asked. I am completely weak for you." He looked promising, his mouth so close to mine as the tension was so thick that you could feel it filling up your lungs.

"Tell me a random fact about you." He urged me to talk so that he could hear my voice.

"I hate summertime. Cal's favourite though." His smile was wide.

"Can I come in? Sorry. Question for you guys." Yazzy knocked the door as I parted from Gabe and opened the door wide.

"Hello! Sorry about that. Are you guys eating a house or a car?" She asked, wanting to know what was a suitable amount to eat.

"House." We said after looking at one another after a pregnant pause, saying something in sync.

"Thank God! Harold is here. I didn't want him to judge me..." her frown was minuscule, the proof of something that damaged her before.

"The guy won't say anything. I'm not kidding. He's so fuckin' weird." Gabe faux shivers, walking out of the room and leaning down to see if he can hear anything.

"Come on." He waved for us to come with him as we walked.

"Stay with me." I winked at Yazzy as she nodded when we all walked down the stairs together.

"Gabriel!" A man I didn't recognise, the person I assumed would be Harold, exclaimed excitedly when he noticed that Gabe walked out to the yard.

"Harold!" Gabe grimaced in a way you couldn't notice unless you spent a few hours analysing his face whilst he slept.

He shook his friend when Yazzy and I sat down on a chair outside.

"You are an attractive young woman. Who are you?" Harold questioned as I grimaced.

"Gabe's girlfriend." I clipped just as Gabe walked out, putting a drink in my hand.

"This is Mila." He said before dropping a kiss on my lips.

"I'm Harold." He leaned over, shaking my hand. I smiled, shaking his hand.

"Potato salad?" Jon shifts his eyebrows about, wafting it in front of my nose.

"Yes! Thank you." I put a large spoonful on my plate as I felt some eyes boring into me.

"That's a lot of food!" Harold laughed, looking at other people to see if they'd laugh.

"She's hungry." Gabe scowled. He put his own spoonful on his plate, looking over at Angela who was scowling at him herself.

"Can you pass me the salt please?" I smile at Gabe who passed it to me. Yazzy sat on the other side of me, having an eye war with the potato salad.

"Have some!" I nudged her when she nodded, deciding she wanted some of it.

"Yo!" Tyler walked in and did a handshake with Yazzy before hugging Angela to his side.

He made a disgusted face when he realised Harold was sitting down.

Jon set the food as everyone started to eat. Harold kept small talk with Jon and Yazzy, Gabe and I kept a conversation going. Laney and Tyler were having a conversation when Yazzy decided she was full.

"Surprise." Harold snickered.

"Do you ever shut up?" Gabe suggested, shoving a fry in his mouth. Harold looked starstruck before I dipped my head, smirking to myself.

"Where are your manners?"

"Not with you. You disrespected my girlfriend in a passive aggressive way. I don't like that." Gabe scoffed, sitting further back in your seat.

Harold let it go, rolling his eyes and ignoring Gabe.

"Anyone up for a movie?" Tyler asked when we all stood up and decided to watch a movie.

"I know you can stick up for yourself but so help me God, another person disrespects you and I'll lose my shit." He kissed my lips before walking ahead of me.