Friends?

⚠️⚠️

"Ryuddaeng?"

Oh, there she was..She was my friend and I cant really explain the reason for the big wide smile plastered on my face everytime I heard that voice. It was comforting? Exciting? What I knew for sure was it was something that I was fond with. Something that made me soft.

"Yes.. What's wrong?"

I answered while tilting my head at her who was now standing by my room  door. She was perfect. Always perfect. From that silky wavy hazel hair that was touching her shoulder to her cat-like eyes down to her dimple. She looked surreal even with just white shirt and grey sweatpant on her. But I never really told her that. And by that I meant in real life when there were no cameras around us and again there was no reason for it. Maybe it just felt awkward as we've been friend for a long time or maybe it was just me who cant stop my heart from feeling nervous everytime I wanted to tell her that. I wonder why Im feeling nervous though. I never felt nervous to Lia, Yuna or even Chaeryeong. It was just her.

She was different.

"Can I- Can we chat?"

Chat. We always did that back in our old dorm and I've missed every little bit of it. Just me and her. All night long till we fell asleep. But dont get it wrong. I loved it when we were with other members but sometimes I just felt the need to spend time with her. To laugh and talk to her in our own world. I felt guilty everytime I felt like that but I considered it as a normal feeling. It was not wrong to feel greedy over your bestfriend, right?

It happened to all of us. Atleast that was what I thought.

" No. You have to pay me if you want to enter this room."

I comically threatened her with a serious face as her lips parted a bit in disbelief.

" Wah.. Okay, fine.. Me too dont want to enter your messy room."

Yeji POV

She grabbed my hand while laughing goofily and pulled me toward her bed. I have this pout on my lips while I casually scrunched my nose. It was a habit of mine when I was annoyed. Especially when Ryujin teased me. I can tell that she loved it when I did that face.

"Im just joking~" She said in baby tone while patting my head softly.

I liked this. I liked the way she'll become all soft and touchy after she teased me. She coaxed me very well I guess..

" Wow. This must be for me.. Thank you, you~" She said while taking a container of grapes from my hand and laid her butt roughly on the bed.

I let out a scoff before collapsing next to her. Her bed was so cozy and much more comfortable. It didnt make sense since we had the same kind of bed.

We became silence for a bit.

I had something to say to her yet I didnt know how to word it out from my mouth. It was something that I noticed about her lately. Skinnier. Always had bad dreams.. It had been a long time since we chat together.. I wanted her to open up to me.. I was worried.

"Yeddeong. Did you remember when we were trainees that we will always end up being in the same group for month evaluation?"

I widen my eyes in excitement before scooting over, close to her. And that was where our long night chat begin.

Ryujin POV

" I cant believe that my hands are smaller than you.."

I said when I put our hand palm to palm to compare it and visibly, her hand was a bit longer than mine just like our height. It was not fair.. Why couldnt I atleast be taller than her in the form of hand?