Chapter 4:Cause An' Effect

"Well, can't say I didn't see this coming."

These were Naruto's next words, accidentally spoken aloud as the clan carted away the charred corpse that had once belonged to the great, now very late Uchiha Fugaku. And even if he was somehow wrong -if by some miracle the pile of smoking flesh wasn't a corpse, the man would likely never be a shinobi again. The Goka Mekkakyu had done massive damage not just to the clearing but to the bufoon's body; the arrogant Uchiha had been left sporting massive third-degree burns, one of his hands had all but burned to ash in the massive explosion.

Not that he felt sorry for him, mind you. Far from it! He was simply in awe of his own power. It was hard to believe that a single fire technique, even one of Madara's had done such a good job at wiping that smug smile of that prick's face. If Kurama was still with him, he was certain the old fox would be laughing all nine of his tails off. Even now, fire crews were still working to put out the blaze with water; those few who had remained of the Uchiha gazed upon him with varying emotions of respect, awe, and in some cases even fear. As much as he might loathe to admit it; he'd just established a respected place for himself in the clan.

'And quite possibly changed the future.'

As he tried to contain his trepidation at continuously changing the future, Mikoto sidled up to him, appearing visibly pleased with the end result.

"Well done." she said, indicating the charred terrain within a glance. "I wasn't aware you knew such an excellent technique; as expected of Madara's descendant." her finger trailed across his cheek before he could think to stop it, tracing thin lines across his cheek where his whiskers once dwelt and pulling his face towards her own. "You know..." When next she spoke, her lips brushed his outer ear, words warmer than her breath. "I do believe I'm starting to fall for you more and more, Naruto-kun."

She took him by the arm and began to lead him away from the others, deeper into the grounds. Odd.

"So how did it feel, obliterating him a single move?" she asked at length. "Don't lie, I saw your face back there; you enjoyed it."

The former Uzumaki opened his mouth to say reply...and promptly snapped it shut as she stepped away, awaiting his reply.

'Suuuuure...alright, Naruto, just roll with it...'

"It was easy." he feigned a small smile and typical Uchiha arrogance; after all those years spent around Sasuke, it wasn't that hard. "The fool wasn't even worthy of facing me." Truth be told, it was the great destroyer of flame was the only fire jutsu that held any sort of real signifance to him; Madara had used it to nearly wipe out the Shinobi Alliance multiple times during the war-it was only fitting that he use it for the use it toward the greater good the to end their duel swiftly. He felt a brief pang of sorrow, suddenly realizing he just might've ended Itachi's existence before it'd ever begun. But that, was what this was about now...wasn it? He was here to change this. Some of those changes might not be pleasant.

"And some of them might."

The voice didn't belong to Kurama he realized-it was his own subconcious, a whisper of desire as he glanced at the woman beside him, refusing to be denied. There was certainly something alluring about Uchiha Mikoto; she was bold, beautiful, and if her lips on his ear and her words were any suggestion, she, was obviously attracted to him. He was no stranger to the female form...but what to do? Decisions, decisions. The old man had informed him that he wouldn't be able to accept missions for at least a week while he was instated as a citizen of Konoha, and it wasn't as though he'd be able to change anything just by sitting on his hands until such a time, so...

"Which reminds me, Naruto-kun."

"Hmm?"

"I have a favor to ask."