The Dipping Ladle: Part 3

Pasifica tossed and turned in her bed, a harsh pale gold glow gripping most small items in her room. When she turned, the items followed, turning upside down or plowing into the ground.

She suddenly jerked to the left, flinging everything to the opposite wall, but stopping before anything broke.

As the sun rose, the items fell to the ground. One at a time. Ending in Pasifica herself rising up, and opening her bleary pink eyes. Looking to the right, she smiled softly, despite the broken possessions, today was going to be a good day.

She rolled out of bed, landing perfectly on her hooves, and magicking everything back to its proper place. At the same time, levitating out a pearlescent white and teal dress, and multiple skin and fur care items.

The items followed her down the hall, right and into an outside hot spring. Dropping on the edge of multiple rocks, she disrobed and walking into the water.

-:-

She was now sitting at the palm wood and brass table. Pasifica had to admit, she preferred brass, it was a much lighter metal. In more ways than one, and easier to procure in large quantities.

"Honey, is something wrong? You've barely touched your food." Her cousin's mother, preferring to be known as Ms. Gleeful, asked.

"No, I'm good." She quickly stuffed her face with a few pancakes, eggs and celery, taking a moment to chew and swallow. Gaining looks from the rest of the family. "Can I be excused?" She didn't wait for a reply before backing out and trotting in a direction.

"Calm down Pasifica, everything will be ok..." She was holding back the urge to squeal. Today she had another date with Dipper. The Cervitaur was all she could think about. Ever since she met him, she had been fantasizing about their future relationship.

Unfortunately, he was playing hard to get, something she could get behind but found it frustrating. Before long, she was pacing, drilling herself for answers. Did he actually like her? Was she the problem? How would his Sister react to her proposal? Did she like her? How would her family react? Did her side contract permit this?

"Pasifica?" Ms. Gleeful placed a concerned glove on her shoulder.

"I- I'm fine. Just..." She quickly scanned the table in front of her for anything to serve as a distraction.

"Oh, stop worrying. You'll wrinkle you skin and grey your fur." She place and hand under her chin. "I'm sure everything will work out." Pasifica looked to the side.

-:-

She continued looking to the side. Out the car window this time. Her eyes half lidded and unfocused. "Miss Pasifica, a call from Master Preston." He was holding a landline. It wasn't connected to anything, just free of wires. A benefit from their contractor.

"Hi dad?" She asked.

"Pasifica, where are you? I did not give you permission to leave the estate." He barked.

"I'm sorry, I thought it would be ok since nothing was planned for the day." Her father was silent.

"Make sure you're back before nightfall." He said in a bored tone. Before handing up. She handed the phone to her butler and returned to staring at the wilderness. Less than to seconds later.

"Miss Pasifica, we are arriving." He said, in his stereotypical calmness. She always hated how little emotion he showed. She always hated-

The limousine stopped, the door next to her sliding open. She stepped out, slowly, and started towards Cabin door. She could just barely make out what sounded like three voices as she approached. A loud "I GOT IT!" came from the building when she knocked.