Chapter 17

Author's Note

Howdy! Hope y'all enjoy, I'm SUPER excited cuz we're almost at the climax and plot twists~

                                                                                                                       - Adelle

Editor's note

Phew- We're done with my baby skeletons dying- NoW oNtO tHe YaNdErE pArT-

                                                                                                                       Valery

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nightmare walked towards the dark monster blocking the front doors, the eyes of the corrupted Nightmare Papyruses unnerving him. Still, he pressed forward. When he was only a few feet away from the monster, it greeted him. 

"Greetings, Nightmare.

Nightmare felt chills run down his spine. Something about this being was so familiar, yet alien. "How... how do you know my name?"

"You know me too... you just never took the time to learn my name." The monster's voice grew cold as he spoke, his eyes flashing malevolently. 

Nightmare's features crinkled in confusion. "I'm sorry... I don't seem to remember you." 

The monster's expression melted away and was replaced with a wide smile. "You'll remember me, just wait a little longer."

The monster's gaze turned to Nightmare's wife and children. The monster knew that he was trying to distract him. Nightmare watched in slight terror as the monster stared hungrily at Y/n. His terror was soon replaced with confusion and blind anger. Why was he looking at Y/n Iike that? What was going on? Who even was this monster? Was he going to hurt Y/n?!

Nightmare's gaze hardened, and he cleared his throat. The monster glared back at Nightmare, his penetrating eyes burning into Nightmare's soul. There was something... unnatural about this monster. "What is your business here?" Nightmare asked commandingly. 

The monster glanced over to where Y/n and the kids had been. Seeing that they had gone, a wicked smile spread across his mouth.

The monster looked back to Nightmare, both of his eyes alighting with golden magic. 

"Killing you." 

Nightmare's eyes widened as the monster summoned a large scythe and swung it at him. Nightmare teleported to the side and summoned two short swords. Y/n and the kids aren't safe. I need to go find them. Nightmare looked to the monster, who stared at him with a burning hatred.