Chapter 32

Author's Note

:)))

                                                                                                                                      - Adelle

Editor's note

We'Re AlMoSt DoNe, My DaRlInGs- So ClOsE-

                                                                                                                                      ~ Valery

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dream lay sprawled on the hard ground of the village, his breathing labored and his eyes closed. You and your children stood around him in shock. 

Shattered was gone. 

Shattered was gone

You knelt down next to Dream and looked around. The Nightmare Papyruses were slowly recovering and gathering. You told your children to bring a few of the Papyruses to you and they nodded, happy to see the familiar purple and yellow Papyruses.

You gently shook Dream and called out to him. "Dream, are you okay?" 

He groaned and slowly opened his eyes. Once his eyes focused on you, they widened. "...Y/n?" 

"I'm here, what happened?" 

Dream looked at you with an indescribable expression and began to cry. "Y/n, Y/n... I'm so so sorry, this was never supposed to happen, he tricked me a-and you probably hate me-" 

He began to sob and you scooped him up in a hug. "Hey, it's okay, we need to stick together after all that's happened-"

"You don't understand!" He tried to pull away from the hug. Through his tears, he said, "You don't understand... this was all my fault, I-I made a deal with him and he took over and he-he killed everyone and I-" He started shaking violently. "I killed Ink!! I swear it was an accident but- I- it should have been me, they didn't deserve to die-" 

You hugged him again. He froze. "W-why don't you hate me?" 

You squeezed him tighter and you began to tear up. "Dream... I know you and after being trapped with him, I have no doubt that he manipulated you in every way possible." You pulled away from him and wiped away your tears. "Plus, it's just us now, we need to stick together." 

Dream stared at you for a second, before beginning to cry again. "Thank you... thank you-" You hugged him again, gently rubbing his back.

Shortly after, your children returned with quite a few Papyruses. They bowed to you and moved to reveal Dusk. You gasped and he smiled at you. Dream first smiled at him, then cringed away, hiding his face.