Die!! But First, Ice Cream

Emma walked in and cleared her throat

Emma walked in and cleared her throat. She walked over to Henry who was playing video games and Blakely who was reading a book on world history.  "Hey, how was your day?"

"Good." Henry answered. "Storybrooke is a weird place. But cool." He added.

"Did you know there's a library inside of a clock tower?" Blakely asked and closed her book.

"I do. I've been there before. Come on, I want you to meet someone." She led them over to a familiar woman with short black hair. "This is Regina Mills. She's the mayor of this town and she wanted to meet you." Emma introduced.

"Is something wrong?" Henry asked.

"No, no. No, nothing's wrong. Your mother just told me a lot about you two. I hear that you like school and that you're good in English? And you..." Regina looked at Blakely, "you're good at all things and you like to draw."

"Um...Yeah." Blakely confirmed awkwardly.

"Why'd she tell her all this?" Henry asked the mayor.

"Because she couldn't be prouder of you both." Regina inhaled and changed the subject. "Uh, while you're in town, I was thinking maybe I could give you a tour sometime. You know, show you around. Maybe we can even stop for ice cream."

"Yeah, I'd like that. So, um...It was nice meeting you.."

Regina went in to hug them but when Henry held out his hand for her to shake her small smile quickly faded. She took off her glove and shook his hand.

- - -

Blakely walked through the empty streets of Storybrooke, the quiet town in Maine her mother had dragged her and her brother to.

She looked around to see if anyone else was in town. It was quiet and not a single person walked down the sidewalks.

"Hello!" She called down the street.

Nothing happened until she looked behind her and saw a crowd of people running toward her.

She stood confused before she started running away. She didn't make it very far when another crowd turned the corner.

She couldn't turn back and couldn't go forward. The crowds morphed together and surrounded her.

"Help us!"

"Please save us!" They pleaded.

"How could you?"

"What? What happened?"

"Please, just kill us already!" They all begged and pleaded for different things.

"Please, I have a daughter and wife."

"I'm sorry. I don't know—" Blakely started frantically.

"It's too late."

They reached forward and started trying to grab at her. Blakely tried to smack all their hands away but soon she was buried under their hands.

She let out a horrified scream and pushed her arms out. A dark light came from around her and pushed all the people away.

Blakely sat on the concrete with her knees hugged to her chest and hands covering her ears. The pleads and voices of the people rang in her mind.

"Please, someone help me." She cried to herself.

"Just wake up." Blakely lifted her head to see a girl identical to her standing before her.

Blakely woke with a shortness of breath and sweat rolling down her face and back. She wiped the tears forming in her eyes. She stayed up the rest of the night spreading her dream on a piece of paper.

She always rushed to get it down before she forgot it, but tonight she couldn't forget all the little details. The unfamiliar faces and the empty town.

- - -

"The ice cream good?" Mayor Mills asked as her, Henry, and Blakely walked next to a pond.

"Delicious. My mom used to take us for gelato in Little Italy. But this is just as good."

"Well, Storybrooke's got its own charms. Though I know it must seem quaint compared to the big city."

"Yeah, but in a good way. It's peaceful and everybody seems really nice." Blakely said and finished off her ice cream cone. "All the people in New York just makes you feel—"

"Alone?"

"Yeah." Blakely agreed.

"That's the best part about a small town. Everybody knows everybody. It's like...It's like a big family." Regina smiled and the kids didn't notice the way she looked at them.

"Can I tell you something?" Henry asked the mayor.

"Sure."

"I don't think it was just the case that brought my mom to Storybrooke."

"Uh, what do you mean?" The mayor stammered for her words.

"I think she wanted to get out of New York for a while." Henry theorized.

"Well, why do you think that?" The mayor questioned and tilted her head slightly.

"Our mom's boyfriend. His name is Walsh. He proposed to her."

"Oh." Mayor Mills shifted her weight in surprise of the news.

"And two days later she's taking us out of school for some job in Maine. She wouldn't take a job in Queens if it meant I'd miss school."

"What do you think happened?"

"I don't know."

"She felt rushed. Either she said no and is trying to take her mind off of it or she said yes and wants to butter us up before she tells us." Blakely guessed.

"I doubt we'd be here if she said yes." Henry pointed out.

"Just a theory." Blakely shrugged.

"How do you two feel about it? Did you like him, this Walsh?"

"I liked how happy he made her. Plus it might be nice having more than three place settings during the holidays." Henry added.

"I think one day you'll have more family than you'll know what to do with." Regina smiled down at them.

"You think so?"

"I really do."