Chapter 13

Please correct me if there are errors cuz chapters from here on out probably won't be as thoroughly edited
_________________

"So he just up and disappeared?"

The entire pack was gathered in the living room of the loft. It was a few hours after Derek disappeared, and they still had no leads on where he was.

"Yes," Stiles said, answering Scott's question. "When I got up to go to the bathroom, he was sleeping. When I got back, he was gone."

"Well, Alec was on the couch right?" Lydia budded in. All eyes fell upon Alec, who glanced at Stiles nervously.

"He was with me," Stiles said. Lydia raised an eyebrow, her eyes glimmering with curiosity.

"Why were you two in the bathroom together?" Jace questioned, looking at Alec with a smirk, who rolled his eyes.

"Not the point," Stiles intervened. "The main problem is to find Derek."

"Why would he just up and leave?" Malia questioned. The other could do nothing but shrug. "Well, are we sure no one took him?"

"No one is stupid enough to try and kidnap Derek Hale," Peter commented. "and I suppose none of you took notice to the fact that our stoic little Derek has a quite a crush on a certain someone in this room."

"What're you talking about?" Scott questioned.

"You couldn't sense it?" Peter asked, not convinced. "Come on, people, his emotions have been practically pouring out of him lately, especially since Cindy Lou Who over here returned," he pointed his thumb in Stiles' direction.

"Are you saying that Derek, close-minded, blunt, and dismissive Derek, has feelings for Stiles?" Lydia questioned.

"Yes, Lydia. Could you not grasp that concept the first time I said it?" Peter questioned in a calm yet obviously sarcastic tone.

Lydia seemed poised to step forward and slap the man as she narrowed her eyes at him, but she kept calm and stayed in her position next to Scott.

"Even if that's true-"

"It's true," Peter interrupted Malia, who glared at her father.

"It doesn't explain why he would just leave," the were-coyote finished.

"It's simple really," Peter said. "He got to overwhelmed. He views Stiles as a second opportunity at love since Paige died, but he's come to realize that everyone who comes near him always gets hurt. Plus, is clearly obvious that Stiles has a thing going on with Alec, which only hurts him further. I suppose he left because he couldn't handle seeing the person he's in love with be in love with someone else."

Everyone stared at Peter, questioning if this was just a simple guess, or he knew more than he was letting on.

"He may have vented to me," the man said. "This also means that he's at his most vulnerable right now. If we don't find him, the nogitsune will."

"Oh, so you're so worried now?" Stiles questioned. Peter raised an eyebrow. "None of this would've happened if you hadn't been you're usual douchebag self and stolen the nogitsune," the shadowhunter continued. "You're lucky it's Derek's life on the line. If it was you, I would've ditched a long time again."

"Let's keep the intrusive thoughts to ourselves," Peter replied, "and focus on the main problem at hand."

"Stop acting like you give a shit about what happens to him!" Stiles shouted, his hand subconsciously moving to grab his seraph blade. "It doesn't matter that he's you're nephew. Family or not you'll screw everyone over. I should've killed you when I had the chance."