Chapter 8~ Reunion & Apologies

Just a side note that this story ties in to the Amamatsu love story 'A Second Chance at Love' so the following events take place in the same universe as that story.

Kokichi's POV
Darkness was all I could see, until I saw light. I saw everyone who had died in the killing game. I immediately turned to Gonta. "Gonta. I should apologize for forcing you to kill Miu." I apologized to him. "Don't worry, Kokichi! Gonta forgives you! Gonta knows you just wanted to end the killing game!" He gave me a friendly smile and I couldn't help but smile back. I saw Tenko looking at me and floated towards me. "You know, Kokichi." She began. "We all saw what you did back there and it seemed like I was wrong about you. I'm really sorry for what I did that night."

"I was just jealous because I liked her and I didn't think you'd be good for her. But I was wrong, you really are a good person and Himiko would have been lucky to have you." I didn't know what to say for a while, but at last I muscled up some words. "Thank you. And I forgive you." She gave me a hug. From there, we all watched as Tsumugi was revealed as the mastermind, she and Kiibo were executed and Shuichi, Maki and Himiko made it out alive. "Thank goodness she survived." I thought to myself. "Good job you guys." Tsumugi appeared before us and offered to bring us back to normal life. We were all hesitant, but as a former liar, I could somehow tell this wasn't a lie.

And I was right. She did end up reviving us and she purposely chose to stay dead to atone for her sins. As I felt my breath return to me, I couldn't recognize where we were. There was a building that looked like a school, but it wasn't Hope's Peak Academy. And there, right in front of us, we saw three people walking towards us. They were talking to each other and stopped dead in their tracks when they saw us. It was none other than Shuichi, Maki and Himiko. The three of them rushed to the everyone else, but as expected nobody rushed to me. I should have known nobody would rush and embrace me after all I've done.

"Kokichi!" I saw Himiko rush towards me after embracing Tenko and Angie and embraced me. I was shocked and didn't know what to say. "I'm so sorry, Kokichi!" She sobbed into my chest. "Sorry? Sorry for what?" I asked. "I'm sorry for shoving you aside and for not being by your side! I had no idea you loved me so much and the truth is that I love you too!" She exclaimed. Did I....just hear that correctly? I quickly shoved it aside and hugged her back. "I should also apologize for how I acted back there. I love you too, Himiko."