Chapter 9~ My Honest Feelings

Kokichi's POV
A lot has changed since returning to normal life. Now that I was given a second chance, I've decided to not let it go to waste. From now on, I'm going to be more honest with myself and change for the better. I can say that it really worked as I'm no longer being excluded and treated like a true friend to them and I've never felt happier. Of course, I make sure to return the favor. I had helped Rantaro win over Kaede and he actually managed to do so.

But now that Kaede and Rantaro are a couple, I was reminded of me and Himiko. We already said that we loved each other, but we never actually spoke of it again. So I thought it was time to finally face these feelings of mine. It was the weekend and I asked Himiko if she wanted to hang out with me that day and she agreed. I arrived at her house wearing a purple sweatshirt and jeans. She opened the door, looking so pretty in a red dress and black bow. I had to refrain from blushing too hard.

But anyways, we decided to go to a local amusement park in our town. We went on many rides, played many games and ate many delicious food. I even gave her a red teddy bear I won from one of the games we played. "Aww, thanks Kokichi!" She smiled. "N...no problem!" Pretty soon, the sun began to set and I took her to an open field. We laid on the grass together, looking up at the stars. After a few moments of awkward silence and silent pep talk, I was ready. "Hey, Himiko." I began. "Yeah?" "I wanted to talk about....what you said when we reunited."

"About you loving me. Was....that true?" I saw Himiko blush and looked away for a while. "Yeah....of course it was. I....really love you, Kokichi." I slowly scooted towards her. "Why'd you want to know?" She asked. "Well....ever since being brought back....I promised myself I would be honest about my feelings from now on and that's what I want to do now." I explained. "Huh?" I held my hand to Himiko's face. "And the truth is that.....I was being honest about what I said back there too. I love you too, Himiko. So much." She smiled softly and so did I. Our faces moved closer together until we kissed. Her lips felt so soft and sweet and I didn't want it to end.

Himiko's POV
We eventually broke away and I found myself blushing intensely at what we just did. I couldn't believe we actually kissed! I hid my face in embarrassment, but he quickly moved them away. "Aww, why are you being so shy for?" He teased me. He pulled me into a hug, burying my face into his shoulder. "And I've got another question for you." "What is it?" I asked. He pulled away from the hug and held my hand. "Would you....like to be my girlfriend?" I smiled and quickly nodded. "Yes....yes!" I said.

We kissed again as the sun fully set and it was now dark outside. He walked me home and even kissed me goodnight. I went to sleep with a big smile on my face. We announced our love the following Monday and everyone congratulated us and surprisingly, even Tenko. She seemed to have moved on and began accepting boys a little more. Not by much still, but it's progress. I vow to myself that I will love him with all my heart and I won't ever take him for granted again.