TWENTY

"No, you have to find it in order for the answer to come out."

Math was always hard for him, he didn't understand it all. Was there even a point of it existing?

"I'm not that smart F/N, that's kinda why i asked for your help." He said awkwardly.

"Exactly, I'm not here to answer all your questions on my own. I'm just here to help you answer it yourself."

His ego went down low. Can he be this stupid? Y/N just laughed at his reaction.

"If we finish all of this then I'll treat you with takoyaki, hm?" Shigeo's eyes suddenly glistens.

He was up for it.

-

They infront of a small takoyaki shop eating food. "You did well compared before, Shigeo."

"A little more and I think you can do it yourself."

She smiled at him, he couldn't answer at all. Just nodded and kept chewing his food.

-

The sun was about to set when Y/N heard a voice behind both of them.

"F/N?"

She looked back and her eyes widened. Shigeo noticed this and looked back aswell.

Both of them suddenly stood up, despite Y/N being taller than him, he was infront of her, protecting her.

"Do you need anything?" Shigeo asked, both of them were nervous. It has been awhile since their last encounter and it didn't end on a good note.

"F/N... Your father and I need you.. so badly.." She sniffled, walking towards them, but they backed away.

"For what?" She asked, she wasn't sad. "Your own desires?"

"Using me to achieve what you've always wanted in life?" Tears were threatening to fall. Obviously she didn't let that happen, they were in public after all.

"If you don't go away, I will scream and let everyone in this park know how awful you are."

Her mother didn't answer and just continued to silently cry, Y/N wasn't the best when understanding emotions. She didn't know if she was pretending or if she was genuine.

"We should go, F/N." Shigeo suggested, Y/N nodded and both of them finally started walking again.

"Take.. care."

-

Her day was ruined.

Encountering with her mom in public was the last thing she could ever ask for. She was pissed on how she ruined it for her.

Both of them were having fun and she just had to butt in.

She sighed, Shigeo and Y/N were alone at the house since both of his parents had to do something and his brother going home late.

"Here."

Shigeo placed a glass of water infront of her, "I'm sorry if the day didn't go as planned."

"I just wanted you to enjoy the day with me."

She smiled weakly at him, "It's not your fault. I had fun."

Shigeo just stared at her, "Can I tell you something?"

She looked at him, raising her eyebrows. "Sure, what is it?"

He was hesitating, is this really worth their friendship?

"I.. really like you."

The balloon finally popped.

"And I'd like to hang out with you, but not friends this time.. or rather more than that."

Y/N smiled. "I'm glad."

"I also like you, Shigeo. And I think hanging out with you as more than friends is a great idea."

Both of them were a blushing mess, in the corner of Shigeo's eyes he saw his brother.

Standing by the doorway, stunned.

"Ritsu?"