Samara

Our tale brings us back to the Asari home world of Thessia. Where we meet Samara, a proud mother of three daughters, but what her daughters could do would change Samara's life forever.

They were chasing a butterfly, all three of them dressed in their summer clothes, only 70 years old.

(Asari have a lifespan of approximately 1000 years so 70 is really young)

One of the girls ran towards Samara, her yellow robe waving with the wind and a smile on her face, her blue skin colouring a bright turquoise as the sun was shining on her face. She asked her mother if she could go to the library with her sisters to study.

"Of course Morinth!" The proud mother told her dutiful daughter. And she brought them to the library, where they could study and meditate to master their biotic abilities.

Years went on just as full of harmony as that day until she caught some mind blowing news.

The news screen flashed eerie pictures of a dead Asari and the news teller was explaining what had happend.

"The dead body was found near one of the bars in barstreet at around 11 pm Thessian time, there are no signs of resistence nor wounds or bruises. The detectives suspect it might be the work of an Ardat-Yakshi. A women about the age of 85 was seen near the scene around 10.30 pm Thessian time."

A police sketch was shown on the screen. It resembled Morinth...

Samara felt her heart drop through the floor when she saw the sketch. It looked exactly like her, she'd recognize those eyes everywhere; they were the same lagoonblue as her daughter's eyes.

"No, that c-can't be t-true, Morinth can't be a-an A-ardat-Y-yakshi. My daughter is no devil of the night, she can't take lives while in a intimate relationship."

The news wasn't over, two more Ardat-Yakshi attacks had occurred but these Asari had turned themselves in and agreed to go to an Ardat-Yakshi-Monastery in one of Thessia's remote colonies. It were her other two daughters; Falere and Rila.

The buildings were flashing past her as she ran, she couldn't believe what had just happend. She was cursed with abnormal biotic capabilities, perfect for in combat but devastating while being intimate.

"I have got to find help, I have got to get away! But why did it feel so good, we were on a whole other level with each other."

She shook her head knowing she had to take shelter as the clouds roared and rain started to pour. There she was, a regular Asari student only she had just killed her girlfriend while being intimate. Her eyes became wet as she sat down and cried.

Months had past when she finally was able to get away with the mercs to Omega; a remote space station ruled with iron fist by Aria T'loak. But in those months she had been hunted by the one she had granted eternal misery.

After she heard the news Samara became an Asari Justicar. Giving up her material possessions and swearing to eternally honour the Justicar's code, which now obliged her to hunt down and eliminate her refugive Ardat-Yakshi daughter.

Her search led her to Thessia's capital where she was stopped by the executive detective in charge.

"I am sorry Justicar but I need to know why you are here, and I can't allow you to enter the hangars while there is a murder investigation going on."

Samara filled the detective in on her assignment but still she wasn't allowed to traverse through the scene. Samara was about to exterminate the detective which was demanded by the code, but she was stopped by a certain ship commander.

"I don't think shooting her is necessary. I am looking to recruit you for my missions to find and defeat the collectors." Shepard said calmly.

"The collectors are a mayor threat to the galaxy but my current assignment has priority, commander" Samara explained.

"How about this, I help you with the investigation and when that is finished you'll help me defeat the collectors. A favor for a favor."

"That would be accepted by the code. Very well commander, we have an agreement. As the code states I am allowed to be in your custody for 24 hours, if those hours have passed I must continue my quest detective, no matter the cost."

The detective thanked both and set of for the police station.

A day had past and Shepard returned to the station.
Morinth had set off for Omega and as promised Samara joined shepards team to defeat the collectors.