Prologue

Disclaimer: All characters in this book are fictional. Meaning, di sila totoo. They can't love us back. Hanggang Imagine nalang tayo sa kanila chos. Any likeness to real people, alive or dead, is purely coincidental.
Also, this story is not affiliated with PSHS.

Valerie Velez is a student from the Philippine Science High School. Their Family owns a company. Well, no one knows that she's the one who started the business.

She's a nerd for the eyes of the people. She loves reading books but not that quiet. She's the opposite in some terms. She's having a normal life with her family and friends. Not knowing the danger that the business industry might bring.

Revenge is not the thing for her but justice is. She'll take the route that she least expected. With that path, she might lose everyone or not.

She'll either have fun or get down. She'll either be happy or sad because of the path that she takes.

Will it be worth it? Is living even worth it?

Is trusting people worth it?

"Let's go shopping!" Aya sa akin ng mga kaibigan ko.

"Oh yeah sure. Teka lang. Magpapaalam lang ako." Sabi ko sa kanila. I called my parents and they said na may gagawin daw sa office ng 4 pm.

"Hanggang 3 pm lang ako. I mean, maaga pa naman." Sabi ko while looking at my watch. 11 am. Still early.

My life is always like this. A routine indeed.

School. Family time. Work. 

As we were looking at the bookstore, i saw a man in white coat. A med student?

I'm always amazed by med students. I mean, their books are so thick just like lawyers.

I want to be a lawyer too but eh? Law is not part of the STEM strand.

"Nakapili ka na ba?" Tanong sakin ni Sol kasi nakatitig lang ako sa shelf ng libro na pinagkuhanan nung med student.

I just nodded and looked at the book i chose.

While my friends bought wattpad books, i bought the books they call "boring books." Noli me tangere, Ibong adarna, Florante at Laura and El filibustero. I also bought this thick law book though I don't really need it.

"Why'd you buy such books anyways?" Tanong ni Kaye.

I laughed. "I'm practicing my tagalog."

Also my vocabulary.

"Heh. Practice practice." Kaye teased me. She knows that i love reading any kind of book and i love the Filipino subject.

Living with such fun friends, supportive parents and loving family is so gorgeous. It's so fun and happy. It's like you have a perfect life.

But there's no such thing as perfect.

Everything change.

"Everyone deserves to be happy." I heard what my friends were watching.

"Di ako kasama sa everyone." I whispered.

"What happened to you huh? Val? You've never been this quiet. Parang ang tamlay mo pa." My friend answered.

"No. Nothing. I'm fine. Normal lang yan sa may anemia uy." I said. She's right though. It's not normal anymore. I look like a freakin corpse. Indeed barely living.

Does depression affect me that bad to the point that it's noticeable?

It took me a year to completely stand up from a traumatic event. When my life turned upside down.

"Madam, tumaas yung sales this month. You really have an impact on this company." My secretary said.

I smirked on that one.

I'm not so called a Velez for nothing.

"Can you clear my schedule for today? I have to go somewhere." I said to her.

"Sure madam. You have one meeting lang naman po today and it's just an interview. Ingat po." She answered politely. I wanted to go to the park to rest. No company probs, no meetings, I just wanna rest. It's the weekend anyway.

As i was walking on the hallway, i saw him again. It's traumatic. Lakas magpaasa.

"How are you Ms. Velez?"

Ang lakas ng loob nyang tanungin ako. Na parang di nya ako iniwan. I wished for that though.

Oh whatever. I don't care about him anymore.

I'm an independent woman and i don't need anyone in my life.

No. I need someone. Everyone needs someone. I just don't want people to see that.

My weakness. Because they'll take that as an advantage.

I learned my lesson. I should never trust anyone like before.

"I'm fine and I always will be." I told him with my cold voice.

______________________________________

                ⚠️ Disclaimer ⚠️
This is a fictional piece. The author's imagination created the names, personalities, businesses, events, and happenings. Any likeness to real people, living or dead, or to real things is totally coincidental.