Chapter 8

A week later, my cuts were fine. I need to go to the office for some paperwork now that the vacation is done.

It's just sad that I haven't talked to Kuya Zeil after the vacation.

"Madam, andito na po si Mr. Martinez." My secretary informed me.

I gave her a confused look. Sino sa kanila?

"Oh haha. Mr. Rohan Ali po Ma'am." She answered shyly. I just smiled at her and signaled her to let him in.

"Val. You okay now? Shit you still look pale." He said pagpakapasok na pagkapasok sa office ko.

"Uhh I always look pale, Mr. Martinez. I'm Anemic. This is my normal color." Sabi ko, nagtataka.

"Are you taking meds?" He asked.

"Yes I do take meds. Is that the reason why you're here, Doc? To ask me about my meds?" I chuckled.

"Oh that. I'm here to invite you for a family dinner. My dad wants to see you too. He wants to say sorry directly." He said calmly.

"What? Sorry? There's no need for that, but Yeah sure. I'll go. Kailan ba?" I asked him.

"Tonight. 6 pm. I'll send you the details nalang mamaya. Di pa daw sure yung venue eh." He told me. I just nodded.

Pagkauwi ko ay nagpaalam na agad ako kay kuya Vanjo. Also Kuya Drei.

"Kuya, can I go somewhere?" I asked Kuya Vanj.

"As long as may kasama ka." He said before ruffling my hair.

"Kuyaaa!" I pouted. "May kasama ako. Si Ali."

"Oh. Yeah sure. You can go." He said seriously. His expression changed so fast!

Kuya Drei just nodded.

As i was preparing for dinner, I heard kuya Drei talking to someone.

"Yeah. Bring her back home before 10. Yes. No bruises. Understand?" He said.

Wha-

"Don't worry kuya. Buo akong babalik sa inyo." I said then smiled sweetly. Baka di ako payagan eh.

"Don't do that puppy eyes, Val." Kuya said and shooked his head. I just laughed and waved before opening the door. 

"You're so gorgeous." He said before offering his hand.

He also opened the front car door and let me sit beside him.

"Hello po Tito, Tita." I said bago ko sila bineso.

"Oh Hello dear. You look so pretty." Tita Alisha said.

"Thank you tita. Gosh I miss you!" I said before hugging her again.

"Yeah. It's been years." Tito Rohan said.

"That's why i invited you here. I want to explain why we need to pull out back then." Tito Rohan said sadly.

I just looked at him. "No need Tito. I know it already. I understand." I said calmly before smiling.

"I'm so sorry. We have to pull-out because of me. I was sick that time. They needed to invest more in the hospital than in the enterprise." Tito said.

"Yes Tito. I know. It's not your fault. Don't say sorry." Sagot ko naman. He's blaming himself.

"You're still the Valerie we know. You didn't change at all. You just looked more matured and an independent woman." Tita said while sobbing.