Chapter 2

"After a year of hard work, we're now seeing the success. One year is considered short and fast to make a company successful. May we all welcome, the owner of Velez Enterprise, Mr. Reynan Velez and his loving wife, Mrs. Valyne Rose Velez. A round of applause for these amazing people." The host said as our family walked inside the venue. In a freakin formal attire. There are tons of cameras around. It feels awkward.

I didn't go up the stage but I went to the tables to greet all our visitors. I know most of them because i usually attend the meetings.

"Beh ang bongga." Sabi ni Kaye

"So true. Goodness sila nakaformal tapos ang gagandang damit tapos tayo mukhang nanay" sabi ni Sol habang kumakain.

"Ang yaman mo pala gaga." Sabi ni Kaye na nagpatawa sakin.

Di daw makakapunta si Sam. Busy eh. After talking to some other guests, I went to my family's table.

"Ate, you designed this?" My lil sister,
Valeria Roselle asked.

She's talking about the interior design.

"Yes. Why? Is it unbelievable?" I answered.

She laughed at me.

"Ate, let's go shopping tomorrow. Please?" She whispered.

"Ang cute mo." I said while pinching her cheeks. But agreed afterwards.

I saw my parents talking to the stakeholders of the company. They're having fun while I'm bored here.

Well, I'm not a party girl so i guess it's normal  that I'm bored.

The night was great. But i feel a little sad. I'm expecting someone. I'm on the balcony. Staring at the stars. They're gorgeous.

"The stars shine so bright. Just like my future when I'm with you." I heard from someone.

"Just kidding." He said afterwards.

And to my surprise, it's Ali.

"You're here. I thought you can't make it." I said. He noticed the sadness in my voice.

"Are you waiting for me, Ms. Velez?" He asked. I laughed.

"Many of us are waiting for you. Silly." I said in my joking tone to hide my real feelings. I'm so happy that he's here.

I slept early, leaving the party because of tiredness. It's like a meet and greet

"Pa, can we go shopping?" I asked my dad because i need some art supplies. Also, my sister needs ballet shoes. That's why she wanted to go shopping.

"Yes dad. Please? Can we? Can we?" My sister asked. With those cute puppy eyes.

"Oh fine. Do you guys need something?" Tanong ni papa. We don't usually go shopping eh.

"Yes pa." We both said.

"Ate, look." Roselle pointed this cute teddy bear. It's light blue and it's so fluffy.

"You want that?" I asked her.

"Can i have it? It might cost a lot tho." She answered.

Our parents don't spoil us that much. Minsan lang ito.

"It's fine. Take it. I'll pay don't worry."

We were having fun at the mall when someone approached dad. There's this man who pull dad on the side.

The man looks so mad. I want to go and ask but dad warned me not to do so.

I don't know but my dad look pale after talking to this man. I want to go listen but it'll be noticeable.