Chapter 2: The Lighter

Steve exhaled a lengthy sigh, walking over to the coat rack to retrieve his bag. "Thanks for closing up, Robin, I appreciate it. " He smiled sheepishly.

Robin rolled her eyes, returning the smile. " No problem, idiot, I know you're tired."

Steve graciously Smiled, turning to open the door.

"Hey, Steve! " Robin called.

He let go of the door handle and turning back. "Yeah? " He asked questioningly.

"Who's is that? " Robin pointed to a lighter on the counter.

"Hm, a customer must've left it. " Steve picked it up, examining it. He noticed the distinct words Metallica Run down the side, smirking lightly. "I know who's this is. " He spun the lighter, flicking it open as a small flame alit.

Robin raised her eyebrows "Eddie Left his lighter again? "

Steve smiled exasperatedly. "Yep."

Robin observed Steve grudgingly. "you're going to return it to him. "

Steve flipped the lighter shut. "Wait, What? "

Robin turned back to look at him. "Did I stutter? " She asked curtly, raising a brow.

Steve dropped his hand. " Cant you take it? " he complained. Tilting his head downwards.

"I'm closing up, you can take it. " Robin snapped in return. Steve groaned, dropping his arm as he leaned against the wall.

" Oh, stop complaining, He's not that bad. " She said grudgingly.

Steve tilted his head up to look at her. "It's not that, its-" He sighed, tilting his head down. "Nevermind, I'm going. " He sighed.

Robin smirked smugly, narrowing her eyes. " Alright, Dingus. " He sighed, turning to grip the door as he left family video without another word.

•    •    •    •    •    •    •    •    •    •    •    •    •
~ At Eddies Trailer (7:00PM) ~

"This is so stupid. " Steve muttered as he stood on the steps of a rustic trailer. He gazed at the peeling white paint on the door, spinning the lighter in his hands, feeling all six edges. He ran his thumb over the Metallica, feeling the ridges. "This is so dumb, I should just leave. " He turned to leave, walking off the bottom step, he paused, heaving a sigh. He turned back slowly, walking up the steps. He stared at the door, raising his fist to knock, dropping it. "God, this is so stupid! " He whispered, shaking his head. He held up the lighter, staring at it. He dropped his hand, raising the other to knock.

Before he could the door opened, Shirtless✨💅 Eddie stood before him, leaning against the doorframe. "Do you need something, or was your ultimate plan to stand on my doorstep and talk to yourself? " Eddie Smirked, raising a brow.

Steve opened his mouth, his eyes not meeting eddies. " I just came to return to your shirt... I mean lighter! " He said quickly becoming flustered in embarrassment.

Eddie licked his lips, raising his eyebrows. " Uh-huh. " He smirked, lightly biting his lower lip. " Come on in. "

Steve Blinked In shock, following behind Eddie.

" Welcome to My Humble Abode. " Eddie said, spreading his arms as if to reveal something magnificent. A raggedy two room trailer with a peeling sofa, and scattered magazines and items of clothing.

Steve nodded. "Uh-huh."

Eddie waved his arm at the couch. " Make yourself at home. " He said as he pulled on a shirt, entering his small kitchen.

Steve sat down on the sofa, leaning back, heaving a sigh.

Eddie had his head in the fridge. " Want a drink, Harrington? " He asked, turning his head.

Steve tilted his head up. "Uh, yeah Coke is fine. "

Eddie shrugged. "Eh, suit yourself. " Eddie tossed a can of coke to Steve. He blinked quickly, catching the can. Eddie grabbed a bottle from the fridge, using a thumb to flick off the top. He plopped down beside Steve, taking a long drink from his beer before placing it on the table.

Steve tentatively opened the coke, taking a sip from it. Steve eyed the book on the table, raising his eyebrows. " Nude woman Magazine, really? " Steve tilted his head, smirking at Eddie exasperatedly.

"Hm? " Eddie glanced down at the magazine. " Oh, my friend must've left that here. I don't read that shit. " Eddie crumpled up the magazine, tossing it into the trash can.

Steve turned his gaze questioningly to Eddie. Opening his mouth to speak, yet closing it quickly.

Eddie looked over at Steve, sighing. He sat up. " What's up? " He asked Steve, staring into Steve's eyes stonily.

Steve swallowed, fidgeting with his fingers. " It's nothing. "

Eddie rolled his eyes. " Don't give me that BS, you can tell me. " Eddie said intently, turning completely to face Steve.

Steve stared back, his mind going a million miles per hour.

Eddie brought his face closer, narrowing his eyes. Eddie snapped in his face. " Helloo.. Earth to King Harrington? "

Steve sat up quickly. "Ummm.. Sorry. "

Eddie leaned back, raising his brow. "C'mon, stop being so weird. "

Steve turned his gaze upwards at Eddie. He pursed his lips, furrowing his brows. He sighed. " It's probably nothing, but-" He began, having difficulty with words. " Well, You seemed Very uninterested with the.. Magazine. " He continued.

Eddie nodded, raising an eyebrow. " Uh-huh..? " Steve shifting his body. " Well,  I was just wondering, what is your type of women then. "

Eddie smirked, raising his eyebrows. " Is that all you wanted to tell me? " Eddie laughed softly. " Well, If it matter that much to you.. Hmm.. My type. " He furrowed his brows. " I really like Brown Hair, Preferably Fluffy, Someone who is good with kids, maybe is into sports, and a good sense of humour. " He said slowly, stretching his neck. Steve nodded, taking in his words.

"Huh." Steve said.

"Now, Tell me, Are you interested in the Lord of the rings? " Eddie asked, changing the subject.

•    •    •    •    •    •    •   •    •    •    •    •    •
~ 12:00AM ~

" ... And That is why If you really like those books, I believe you should stop pretending to be king harrington and come play with us, because I promise I am AS good of a story teller as them. " Eddie finished.

Steve was watching intently as Eddie spoke, not entirely focused on the topic itself, more of how fast he talked, the smoothness of his voice, and the movement of his lips. Steve turned his gaze, catching the clock on the wall. " Shit. " He said suddenly sitting up.

Eddie glanced up, raising a brow. " You good, Harrington? " Steve nodded. " It's late, I should go. I have to pick up Robin for work early tomorrow.

Eddie nodded, shrugging. " Suit yourself, see you tomorrow Stevie.. "

Steve nodded, quickly grabbing his bag he said goodbye once more to Eddie, leaving. He walked outside, getting into his car and turning on the ignition. He tossed his bag into the passenger seat, putting his hands on the wheel and pausing. He felt his face break out into a smile as he glanced at the trailer once more before turning his car, driving off into the darkness.