06

after a lacklustre lunch, the rest of the day wasn't much better. jaehyun and taeyong were still being punished for the accidental getting lost thing and dinner was even worse.

if anything, jaehyun was happy to head back to his hotel room since he was relieved of his embarrassment. well, taeyong was still there to bother him, but he can still be happy because of something.

taeyong's the one to turn the television on, sitting right down on the couch. before changing the current channel, his eyes go right to jaehyun and he smiles, patting the open space beside him. "wanna chill and watch something?"

"no," jaehyun says bluntly. "who's taking a shower first?"

"i mean, i don't care who goes first," taeyong retorts, frowning a little. "you can."

"thank you," jaehyun says, opening the bathroom door. "if you need to get something, knock. the last thing i want you to do is walk in and i'm naked or something."

"oh, trust me, i won't," taeyong's eyes don't leave him for a brief moment before looking away and back on the tv screen. jaehyun awkwardly stands there before shaking his head and walking into the bathroom, closing the door behind him.

he washes up quick and wraps a towel around his waist with a quick run to the room to avoid something awkward happening with a certain someone. he was holding onto it and was definitely going to turn around and leave, but the bathroom door abruptly opens and the towel slips from his grasp.

"oh!" comes a voice from behind him and jaehyun makes sure to cover himself again just as if it was nothing, but when he turns around, his face is red from his cheeks to the tips of his ears.

"fuck you!" jaehyun snaps, still rather flustered.

"what?" taeyong looks embarrassed as well (who wouldn't be after seeing someone's bare arse on display) but confused at the same time. "i just was going to brush my teeth real quick, i didn't mean to scare you."

"dumbarse, i told you to knock!" jaehyun says with a frown. "did you just not listen?"

"i forgot, it's not even that big of a deal," taeyong shoots back. then, he doesn't seem like he was getting mad anymore. "look, jae—"

"don't call me that."

"—i'm sorry," taeyong finishes, but he didn't exactly ignore the other's comment. "again, sorry, bluebell. i'll make sure i knock next time."

seriously? bluebell again?

jaehyun doesn't say anything and stomps out of the bathroom.

~*~

jaehyun ends up watching television after changing into what he considers perfect enough pyjamas (a simple t-shirt and sweats). he kept flashing through channels until he found one he was somewhat interested in. taeyong took forever to come from the bathroom and when he does, he's already dressed with a towel over his still wet hair.

"what are you watching?" taeyong asks as he scrolls over and sits down on the couch. jaehyun barely acknowledges his arrival and he really doesn't want to speak to him at the moment, but he responds anyways.

"i don't even know," he admits honestly, keeping his eyes firmly on the tv before him. they were running around a supermarket of sorts to find ingredients to cook. at least, going off what exactly he heard when he was still trying to properly pay attention. taeyong scoots closer to him and the only way jaehyun even knows is because his leg brushes his own.

jaehyun—even to his own surprise—doesn't move away. if anything, he's too tired to tell him to go away. he does whatever else he has to do and ends up going to bed earlier than he thought he would. well, sort of. his attempt at sleeping was ruined by the noise of his phone buzzing. annoyed, he lifts his cheek from the pillow and reaches out a hand for his phone right on the nightstand. to his luck, his hand basically just flops and hits the bottom of his phone, making it flip from the nightstand, hit the side of the bed, and land on the floor.

"oh, i'm so sorry," jaehyun mumbles and now has to reach down to reach it while still trying to remain in bed, which works out. then, with his phone in hand, he rolls onto his back. he almost expected a text from his mother nagging him if he had brushed his teeth or something but it's several texts from johnny. "wha—"

he answers them, obviously.

what
im really trying to sleep

well i'm trying to watch a movie >:(

whatever

ha
i just wanted to say i felt bad for you earlier
sitting with head teacher for lunch and dinner ??!!!
wouldnt wish that on my worst enemy

i appreciate your sympathy

aww you're welcome <33
i don't even know how you and taeyong got lost

i dropped my phone
well no it fell from my pocket
and taeyong stayed with me for whatever reason

hmmmmmm
i wonder why

then i look up and i don't see anyone anymore
that's all

ten said taeyong bought you food

yeah
so?

i mean
i don't know how you don't see it

see what?

come on jae

am i missing something

a hundred times yes
but never mind

oh okay

i'm getting tired
sit together at breakfast tomorrow?

sure obviously

good good
see you tomorrow jae

see you tomorrow

with that, jaehyun puts his phone away. also with that, he knows ten'll come and that'll bring taeyong along with him. it's like a never ending cycle of having to deal with him. but he can care about it later. he places his now turned off phone onto the nightstand again and snuggles back into the comfortable, warm covers and finally falls asleep without much struggle.

the next morning, it's taeyong who wakes him up. he shakes him awake and jaehyun is immediately annoyed when his eyes open. a great start to his morning—being pissed at the sight of the annoying pain in the arse.

"the sun has raised, sun child!" taeyong says before bursting out laughing. "come on, we need to be downstairs for breakfast. the head teacher sent a text to the group chat."

"ugh," jaehyun really doesn't want to get up, yet, he has to.

"i hope you don't mind it i sit with you!" taeyong then adds and that gets jaehyun to groan.