1.

Hours earlier...

"I don't care what has to be done, I just want it to be dealt with" I yell.

"But she has been so hard to track down" he informs.

"Does it look like I care, you are working for me. All my employees are supposed to be top tier. If you can't handle that standard, get out of my face before I blow it off."

"Yes sir" he exits the room. 

Do I only have idiots working for me? She's only one woman, how hard can she be to find? My father wants to find her before he hands his company over to me completely. My father sees their family as a bit of a threat. 

This one woman was clever though, she knew how always to escape my eyes. I guess she is known for being one of the best assassins around, being taught the ways to kill any man from the time she could walk. Though I know I can catch her, I am Natsu Dragneel, the soon-to-be leader of Fairytail Mafia. No woman can trick me that easily. 

"Natsu sir" I hear one of the men ask. 

"We have found a location she might be targeting next" he timidly tells me. 

"Good, someone is finally getting me some answers."  he leaves the room. 

"Hello, Mr. Dragneel" I hear a voice say above me. I look at the window and see a woman with long blonde hair sitting on the windowsill. "I would like to meet with you?" she states. 

"Most people formally ask for my presence" I chuckle at her boldness. I can't believe she dares to be this direct with me, she must have had an upbringing that made her less afraid of things she should be. "What can I do for you this day miss..." I prompt asking for her name. 

"I would like to have an idea where a certain man I need to meet with will be in the next few hours. I was told you would be able to help me," she asks. 

"Depends on who it is," I answer slightly annoyed that she knows who I am and she refused to tell me her name. 

"Well I would like to know the whereabouts of your enemy Midnight from Raventail" she promptly states. 

This intrigues me, I have no problem telling her where he is. "I heard he will be at the ball tonight with all the dealings happening with the new city project," I inform. 

"Right, of course, he would be involved with that. I can't believe I hadn't thought about it." she laughs. 

"Now what's my payment for telling you your information" 

"I guess, I can give you some information about that same ball. Mr. Dragneel, that councilman who made your plan against the city project is going to be there meeting with the guest of honor. I made sure you'd be able to meet him, he will be wearing a black and white mask with the feather of a peacock in his hat."  

"Good enough for me" I give her the moment to sneakily hide away out of respect for following the deal and giving me good information. When I turn back around, she has disappeared and I have a ball to get ready for. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hear the gasps and screams of the guest of honour as she cowers and tries to hide from me in the darkness. I step over the pool of blood starting to form, I pick up the peacock feather and twirl it in my fingers. I look over at the beautifully dressed woman in a lacy mask that has no purpose as it easily reveals who she is. In this place, you can never be more careful with what you wear. 

I hand over the feather to her and she flinches until she decides to take it from my hand and I smile at her. She has small spatters of blood on her dress and I almost feel bad because she is the innocent bystander in this, she is the daughter of the councilman who decided that this city would be better with a new police task force to stop the killings that they believe to be associated with the mafias of the town.