3.

When I got into the base, Gray put Lucy into a separate room on a cot. I doubt she will have to be in the shackles for too long. I don't think she will want to go back into her father's controlling hands. But that doesn't mean she won't have some choice words for me when she wakes up.

"Everyone, listen up" When I speak everyone turns their head to look at me. "I have brought in a recruit, no one is to stop her if she tries to run. I will deal with anything she does."

"Got it, boss." Gray laughs as he walks back into the room, "She's got you wrapped around her finger."

"You saw what she could do, she has proved herself to be useful. Especially to have her give us an edge on her father" I laugh.

"Who is her father" Juvia asks as she runs to Gray's side. He drapes an arm around her shoulder.

"I have Lucy Heartfillia, and obviously said her father is Jude Heartfillia. He won't take kindly when he finds out his daughter has been kidnapped. But not because he cares about her."

"That's for sure, but I was one of his top assassins' in his group so for that reason he may want me back" I hear Lucy say as she enters the room. Everyone I'm the room freezes, as they wait to see what happens next.

"Wow, that sedative didn't last long on you at all" I chuckle.

"Surprised it worked at all. I went through years of resistance training. So it surprised me when I felt my eyelids go heavy"

I feel my heart drop heavy when I heard that. I may be the son of a mafia boss and have to live up to some ridiculous expectations, my father would never make me go through that unless I deemed it necessary to make me a better leader when I took over.

I shake of the thought and continue.

"We have the world's greatest doctor and research team here. They have came up with some potent stuff." It feels good to be able to brag about this.

"Good for you, but I won't help you in your fight against my dad. I'm glad to be out of there but I wont join in any fight against him." Her eyes go soft for a moment, "he still is my father and I have to respect him for that at least."

"Sounds good. I will respect that" I walk over the her and lead her out the room. "I just need you to have a meeting with someone before all of this becomes official" I brace for impact as the door closes.

She pauses for a moment and then I feel the harsh contact of knuckles to my face right between the eyes.

"I had to, I didn't like being sedated and dragged to an unknown place"

"Yeah, I knew it was coming" I laugh as I continue down the hall.

I feel a hand on my shoulder pull me back to look in her face.

"If you did then why didn't you dodge it?" Her eyes felt like they were peering into the depths of my soul and I knew I couldn't hide anything from her in this moment.

"I felt like you deserved that much at least. For being in the situation you were in and being forcefully taken from what you knew"  I swear I saw the slightest smile on her face as she switched her gaze to the floor. "Come on, you need to meet my dad"

I lead her through the hall and up a large staircase. I knock on the door and wait for his response. "Come in Natsu" a loud voice calls out. 

We walk in and some men walk out that I know they work specifically for my father and not for the family. They acknowledge me before they leave though in an act of respect for my father. My father sits in his large comfy chair that overlooks the whole city. Our base is connected to my childhood home I grew up in. This door in my father's office is the only way into the base from inside the house. Which is why I was never allowed in my father's office when I was younger. 

"Hello young man, may I ask why you may be so bold as to abduct and recruit people without thinking to talk to me first?" he asks menacingly. His eyes have always stared deep into mine when he's being serious. I knew he wouldn't like me having bring her here without him knowing the plan. He takes security very seriously for the family. He has ever since my mother died and he threw himself into caring for the family full time. I haven't received the look in a long time, it's a little unnerving to be honest. 

"This is Lucy, and she's was able to catch me off guard in our first meeting, she also has no affiliation with anyone at the moment." I catch a quick glance at Lucy for reassurance that she wouldn't say anything about her father but she stands there with her eyes unblinking and in a frozen like state. "Right Lucy?" I try to pull her out of it. 

She doesn't move. 

"Lucy?" I ask getting worried. She finally reacts.

"Yeah, no one I'm currently with." She quickly states. 

"Alright, I'll think about it. But for the time being do not let her out of your sight. Got that Natsu?" dad's voice booms around the entire room. 

"Yeah, loud and clear." 

"Then off you go. I have some very important  guests for the public image buisness coming and I can't have this going wrong today." 

"Yes, sir." I say as we leave the room. When the door's close I let out a deep breath I didn't know I had been holding. 

"Wow, he sounded like he had so much faith in you there." Lucy laughs as she continues down the stairs. 

"He does, he's just hard on me because I need to be great before I can be the next leader of Fairytail." she pauses on the stairs. 

"I'm sorry, that must put a lot of pressure to be perfect on you." she glances back up at me and I see the sincerity in her eyes.  "I know the feeling slightly, but with mine I was only worth something if I was perfect at all times. He trained me to be the best and If I couldn't do that then I wasn't worth being called a daughter."