Dare to Kiss [Kagehina]

SUMMARY:

Hinata and Kageyama are dared to spend 7 minutes in heaven and it turns into a kissing competition

OR

Poor, pretty, talented Kageyama is clueless.

[A/N: This was adapted from a twitter thread. Follow me on twt @BokutosLover4 or Or insta bokutos_lover_drd12114]

****************

Poor, pretty, talented Kageyama is clueless.

That is what Hinata has decided three months into their second year, after flirting with the idiot with no results whatsoever.

Their first year at Karasuno was spent solidifying their friendship and their trust. They learned to get along, work together, do what was best for the team, while continually pushing each other to be their best. They got to know how the other thought and acted. They could identify when the other was happy, sad, frustrated, or hungry. They annoyed each other and teased each other relentlessly, but their relationship was solid. They came to trust and respect each other.

The break between their first and second years brought sleepovers and long days spent with only Kageyama. Hinata found he liked those days, when he didn't have to share his friend with anyone. When they could laugh and play volleyball and hang out without anyone else taking Kageyama's attention. And during that break, Hinata realized that what he felt for his best friend and setter might be more than just admiration and regular old friendship.

Before that school break, Hinata had never really paid much attention to girls, or boys for that matter. It was all just spiking and receiving and getting better all the time. Getting good enough to stand shoulder to shoulder with Kageyama. But as the days went on, he started to admit to himself that what he felt when he was with Kageyama was more. When he was with Kageyama, his heart went THWUMP and his blood went SWOOSH, and he was all flustered and blushing and GAH. No, these feelings were definitely not the feelings for one's setter, regardless of how stupidly awesome his tosses were.

Once their second year started up, Hinata realized not much had changed except HIM. Girls (and boys) still confessed weekly to the clueless Kageyama, who always politely rejected them. For some reason, this started to really bother Hinata like it had never bothered him before. Why did stupid Kageyama always get confessed to anyway? Just because of his handsome face and his piercing blue eyes and his ridiculously toned body?

When girls or boys came to ask Hinata for advice on how to woo his best friend, Hinata helpfully informed them not to waste their time, as Kageyama was seeing someone. [Morgan Freeman Voice: Kageyama was NOT, in fact, seeing anyone]

So yeah, Hinata has finally admitted to himself that he has a big, fat, stupid crush on his annoyingly hot best friend. So he does what any self-respecting boy would do after his gay awakening. He panics and calls his (also gay) friend Yachi.

"What do I do?" he asks, with despair.

"Well, you could tell him how you feel."

"No, that won't work. What if he doesn't like me back?"

"Well, you could start by dropping some hints, flirting a little. You know, see what he does."

"That's good. I can do that."

Thus begins Operation Flirt With Kageyama.

This operation is well planned by the two, strategized, organized, contemplated, debated and implemented. But there is just one problem:

Poor, pretty, talented Kageyama is clueless.

It's a few months into the school year, and Hinata has gotten nowhere and has accomplished absolutely nothing. His casual touches have gone unnoticed. His flirty teasing has been a waste of time. His innuendos have been frustratingly misunderstood. Kageyama never responds to any of this, much to Hinata's annoyance.