Chapter 7: Zaps and Sparks.

It had been a few weeks since I had gotten here. I had gotten a quick growth spurt, possibly because Dad said I'm " special. " I wasn't sure why I was special though, I guess I looked a bit different, but.. Whatever. I was bigger than Thor, the eldest of my siblings.

I was happy about this, and they saw me as their leader kind of, or at least I got the last word in most things, at the very least. And, I led the hunts, and did them when no one else wanted to because they were tired. I was beginning to cough a lot, and my throat was heating up. It felt like I had struck throat. Water helped temporarily but after a few minutes that relief or slow of the pain was gone. Whenever I coughed when my siblings were around I played it off as a chuckle, a " Hmm.. ", or just that it was a normal cough.

A few weeks after it started, is where I am currently. Hunting with Thor in the middle of a thunderstorm. I stretched my wings, flapping them a bit, and I got pulled up in a gust of wind. I flapped my wings steadily, trying not to panic. Currents in the air pulled at me, and I was terrified, yet, as I flew, that fear disappeared.

This was so.. Fun and, and... Amazing! I climbed through the air, allowing my wings to let instinct take them. I shared towards my brother, who was on the ground, trying to keep up. I landed by him and grinned. I felt an itch it my throat. I opened my mouth and turned my head away to cough, yet a spark of lightning came out. A spark of fire appeared, but I put it out quickly.

I would master these newfound skills later. My brother and I did have quite a successful hunt. We brought back a tiger ( A kill Thor assisted in ) and a boar ( Which Thor killed. ) We went back, and ate the food quickly. They all piled up and slept, but I stood at the front of the cave. I was going out in the storm. My wings spread, and I soared out. The storm had worsened. The wind tried to fling me at rocks, yet somehow, I knew just how to dodge. I trained on this, learning to trust the air currents, my fur pinning to my body due to the speed of my flight. Before I knew it, it was morning, and I was lost.

I looked around, and went down to sniff the ground. The scent of our territory was faint. I followed the scent of it back home, marking territory along the way. By the time I was back, it was midday. I collapsed on the stone and fell asleep.

473 words! Sorry for being on hiatus so long!