Chapter 16: A Reunion..

I woke up to erm- Lalandro I believe, tapping my shoulder.
- Prince, wake up. - They said again, voice calm.

I stood, staring at them. ' Hello, Lalandro. ' I said, lacing politeness into my voice. I hadn't learned much manners, so I spoke as nicely as I could.

- Your companion, Darkling has already awoken. You must get ready quick, you are a heavy sleeper until you wake. - They said, in a joking tone.

' Erm.. I am ready. ' I said.

- Not looking like that you aren't! - They said, grabbing me gently by an ear. - Now come with me. - They said. I followed along after my ear had been freed, muttering about how that hurt.

I followed along until we got to a sauna like area, with some items I could use to wash. - I shall leave you here. - Lalandro said. I went into the water, starting to wash myself off. A bunch of grime, dirt, and some fur came off as I washed myself, but I began hearing footsteps. I looked up, seeing Darkling.

' Oh. Hi? ' I tried to cover myself. I don't know why. I was always naked. Darkling just laughed, and sat down beside the pool I was in, I could feel his warmth.

~ You are funny. Are you done yet? ~ I nodded, stepping out. Oh- My fur was super wet, I was heavy. I shook myself, water flying everywhere, and now my fur was standing up.

~ Let me help you with that. ~ Darkling said. I sat by him, and it felt oddly intimate as he started to groom my fur. When he finally finished I got up with a glare at him, then a smile as I remembered where we were going! I ran out of the hallway, and looked around in confusion. My tail swayed. Darkling walked up behind me. ~ Just call for Lalandro. ~ he said, and I did call for them. Lalandro came from a corner not more than a minute later.

- I see you are ready. I thought you'd take less time to call for me. - They took a closer look at me. - You have been groomed... Hm. Now come along, I shall walk you to the entrance. Darkling will fly you to your.. Siblings. - They said, and we started to walk down multiple smaller corridors. I don't think the king- Er- My father would fit in here. Sort of suspicious.

We got to the throne room, which was not too far from the entrance. Though, right above the throne was a skylight. Darkling spread his wings, sort of nudging mine with his- My face felt warm, my wings spread as I ran forward to begin flight. Once I was steady enough, I flew out of the skylight. Darkling was right behind me, I flew quickly. We were quiet, and then I realized I had no idea where we were going.

' Am I going the right way? ' I asked, and it seemed like his breath hitched at the sound of my voice. ~ Yep! I'll be right behind you, and you'll know if we're not, I'll give you a sign. ~ He responded, and it was quiet then on.

520 words! We're still gonna keep the surprise coming, so 5 out of 6!