Chapter Four

-five weeks later-

The haunt still lingers inside me. It's a dead part of me now. I just have to move on. I can't baby myself anymore.

I can't even use the word rape anymore. Only because Ben had been my best friend. I guess i can say, unwanted sex. Forceful sex. Gross too.

I am sixteen. I was old enough. But with Ben? Not at all what i wanted.

Today was Friday. So i have school. My cousin Carmen gives me a ride on Mondays and Fridays.

When i arrived at school, i walked up to my friends. Tyler and Cody. They know about that night, and now refuse to talk to Ben.

"Hey Allie" Tyler said.

"Hey guy's. What's up?" I said.

Right when i said that there faces dropped.

"What is it guy's?" I asked.

"Allie?"

It was Ben. I knew his voice now. He was standing behind me.

So i turned around and looked at him.

"Can we talk please?" He asked me.

"Whatever. Let's go." I said.

"Allie, you sure?" Tyler asked me.

I nodded.

We walked. Then we went in his car to talk.

"Allie, i never wanted to hurt you in any way. I love you, as a sister, and i swear it was the alcohol in me. I wouldn't have done it to you if i could have helped it!" He pleaded.

"Ben, it's not that easy for me to forgive you" i said.

"I know that. I do! It's just, i need you. I miss you." He said.

"I know. Me too." I said tearing up. "But Ben, i need time" i added.

"The fact you even considered it, means everything to me." He said sincerely.

"Thank you, but i better go. Want to maybe, walk with me to class?" I said quietly.

"Of course i will al" he said.

-At lunch-

"Hey Allie!" Andrew said.

"Oh hey" i said.

"You um, maybe want to go to this party with me tonight?" He said.

Great! Another party. But i liked Andrew a lot. I couldn't say no.

"Um, okay. I'd like that." I said.

"Perfect!" He said. "Pick you up at eight?" He added.

"Yup, eight' s good." I said.

"Cool, see ya!" He said.

I would go. I will go. I won't let the fear get the best of me. Not now. Because if i do, i may lose any chance i have with Andrew.