Chapter 2

Aspen

"Fucking shit," I moaned, reaching down and running my hands through Archer's hair. I could feel his laugh as he pulled back a bit, kissing my inner thigh. After a moment of catching my breath, I look down at him. There's a glint in his brown eyes, those brown eyes that always seem to pierce me. Smiling, he slides his hands up my thighs, resting on my hips.

"Well, if I had known this was what you meant when you said we needed to talk then I would have been a bit more prepared." He laughed softly, kissing my thigh once more before slowly standing and kissing my forehead. I pushed him, turning my face away, but not before he saw me blush. "Ouch. Fine. We can actually talk now."

Archer walked over to his oak wood dresser drawer, grabbing out two pairs of sweatpants and a t-shirt. He peered over his shoulder at me and then back down to the sweatpants as if trying to decide something. Having made whatever decision that was, he closed the dresser drawer and walked over to me. He held out the black sweatpants and grey t-shirt out to me before sliding on his own pair of sweatpants.

"Thanks," I murmured, taking them. I slid off the bed, going to put the sweatpants on when a thought hit me.

Underwear.

I peered around looking for them. Where the fuck did he throw them this time? This happened every time. You would think that I would be used to it, but here I am once again searching for my underwear.

I hear a chuckle behind me. "Looking for these?"

With a groan, I turn around to face him. As I suspected, he had my blue lace underwear in his hand, dangling from his index finger. A cocky smile lit up his face.

I reached out, attempting to grab them from his hand but he pulled his arm back away from my reach.

Asshole.

"Just give them back. I need them."

"But these are my favorites," he pouted, and I almost laughed seeing him like this. Archer and I have known each other since middle school, but we started dating our Junior Year of high school. He never failed to make me laugh with his antics like this - the fake pouting to get what he wants. The man never pouted or begged for anything.

I bit back my smile, pulling the t-shirt over my head. The shirt falls about mid-thigh, which isn't shocking considering he was about six-foot-three and I was only five-foot-six. I pulled my red hair out of how it was tucked in the shirt, looking up at him throw hooded eyes. I sighed sitting back on the bed. I crossed my legs and leaned back on my hands.

His brown hair was mussed from my pulling on it while he ate me out. Although, that wasn't fully the only reason I had come over to his apartment. I wanted to talk some things out about the engagement. However, when I got here, all of that seemed to go out of the window.

It was strange though because even in moments like that I want to call off all of this. I want to walk away from this marriage. I want to delay it at all costs. It wasn't what I wanted. Archer was amazing and I loved him, but everything was happening too soon. And there was one other thing.

I sat back up, my right hand reaching to my left wrist, where a gold band rested. I looked down it and saw the moon crescent. I smiled softly.

River.

Fuck. I shouldn't be thinking about him. Archer was here. Archer was the one in front of me. He was the one who proposed. He was the guy who literally just ate my pussy like it was his last meal on death row. I shouldn't be thinking about another person.