38. History

Reefside high-school 2005.

The bell rang and all the students came out of the classrooms. Ethan walked ahead when Conner spotted him and called out to him. "Ethan. Hey wait up!"

He ran to Ethan and Ethan smiled at him. "Conner McKnight. My ex partner in crime fighting." They hugged and smiled at each other.

"I didn't think I'd see you in the reunion." Conner told him.

Ethan shrugged. "Well my class schedule in reefside tech is brutal but there's no way I'd miss this." He chuckled. "What have you been up to?"

"I'm trying to start a soccer program for kids you know give them somewhere safe to go after school." They stopped. "It's been tough raising the money though "

Ethan nodded. "Man that sounds cool keep at it. What about you and Rhea how's that going?"

Conner smiled. "It's actually been good you know. We meet up like a lot and she is starting this motor cross training thing. She just got the ground approved to her name."

"Wow that's amazing. I saw her winning in the nationals. Man she can ride." Ethan said. Conner chuckled. "Yeah."

"Is she coming?" Ethan asked.

Conner nodded. "Yeah she said she has to pick up something first."

"What about Kira?" He asked. "You think she's coming?"

Conner shook his head. "I doubt it I heard she moved to New York to try and get a recording contract."

"Trying being the key word." They turned to see both Kira and Rhea entering the building.

"Guys!" They hugged each other. Rhea looked at Conner. "Told you I gotta go pick up something Well someone." Conner hugged her and she kissed him.

Ethan chuckled looking at Kira. "So when can we expect to hear your first big single."

"Oh." Kira shook her head. "I'm already all over the radio singing a cact litter jingle."

"Shall we?" He extended his arm.

"We shall." Kira smiled taking it as Rhea took Conners hand.

They walked towards the stairs but suddenly out of nowhere they dissapeared and reappeared finding themselves in a weird cave.

"Huh?" They looked around confused as their eyes landed on weird robot monter looking things.

"Welcome to the future. Now you will help me destroy the planet."

Rhea scoffed. "You must have got the wrong people." They kicked the monsters back and took the gems, red, green, yellow and blue. "Let's get out of here."

They ran outside as some weird looking monsters followed behind running after them. "Come on."

They ran towards theh stairs running down as quickly as they could. "Down here." They then reached a dead end and stopped turning around looking at the monsters.

"Any thoughts on what these things are?" Conner asked.

"Bad news?" Rhea guessed. Kira nodded. "They're not tyrannadrones but they are definitely up there in the creepy department."

"Maybe it's a dream?" She pinched Conner making him let out an 'ow'

"Not a dream." She muttered.

"Any ideas how to get out of this?" Conner asked.

"I'm still trying to figure out how we got in it." Ethan replied.

Rhea sighed. "And to think I thought we were out."