Back again...

-Ru...

Maru...

Shi..

"Shikamaru!" Echoed Ino's voice through the whole hall.

Shikamaru slowly opened his eyes

"It's your turn, go!" Said ino pushing Shikamaru infront of temari who was waiting for his lazy ass to wake up.

... (The match is same as the canon)

"Shikamaru... What happened to you" asked Ino, worried about her lazy teammate

"I-I-... She... That girl. I... have saw her before"

"What are you saying? She's new in the village!"

"No... Not in the village. When I was 8 or 9 somethin'... Choji do you remember when I got lost in the forest when me, you and kiba were playing?"

"Yeah, I do but-"

"She was the one who took me out of the deep forest, I'm sure she's the same girl"

"And how can you be so sure about it?" Asked Ino

"She can have the same hair, Same eyes, even same age but... Those whiskers. That prove it's really her "

"You're not wrong so, ig choji and me needs to  believe you as we really don't have any option and we're talking about 'Nara Shikamaru' afterall"

"I agree with Ino" said choji

"You're on my side, ig" said Shikamaru

"We were there from the start" said both (choji and Ino)

"Looks like you found the girl of your dreams, ne' Shikamaru"

"Shut up..." Mumbled the nara before taking his way

"Looks like she's not a drag for you"

Shikamaru started walking faster making Ino chuckle as she took her own way.

After chunin exams ending and Sandaime dying
Btw Narumi too became a chunin along with Shikamaru

Shikamaru and Ino tried there best to get the young blonde alone so, Shikamaru could talk to her but... Luck wasn't on their side.

Everytime they asked for the girl, she was either on a mission with her team or busy training and when she was free, Shikamaru was busy. Unfortunately the girl didn't lived in the village so, they couldn't go to her house too.

months passed like this and just see the destiny when they both actually met again was when the girl was leaving the village for training.

"Don't be sad, Shikamaru-kun. We can talk when I'll return, I promise you"

"Hmm, I trust you... With it"

"In these 5 years, I want you to train hard too..."

"I'll..." With that she left him there...

5 years later...

Shikamaru's POV

If I remember correctly, today is the she'll return. Well she better come fast cuz' I'm bored already waiting for her... How in world lovers can say that they'll wait for eachother their whole life as I can't do that but that doesn't mean I don't love Narumi... It's just that I don't show it as much as others do... I found it unnecessary, you see...

I was busy in my thoughts when I felt a small hand holding mine. I turned to see a short girl with really long blonde hair and beautiful ocean-like gems for eyes. She was wearing a knee length white kimono dress that looked kinda cute on her.

Overall, she was really adorable... Just my type...

"Shikamaru-kun" I recognised the sweet angel-like voice... It was no other then the certain blonde...

"You forgot me..." She sounded really sad which pained my heart

"N-No! Na-Narumi! Right"

"Yokatta! I was scared, y'know!"

"Y-yeah!"

Why in the world! Am I stuttering?!

"So, what you wanted to talk about?"

"Huh!"

"You forgot that too" she tilted her head in a confused manner but for me she looked really cute... The cutest girl alive and if you ask me she is the cutest person alive... And ever will be...

"You... Are right ig... I'm forgetting things these days..."

"Don't worry I'll help you with it"

"I'm looking forward to it"

"So, let me tell you... Before I went for training you yourself said to me that... You wanted to talk about something"

"Well... That day... Yeah! I remember it now!"

"Good, so when are you gonna tell me now that you remember it..."

"How about today?"

"Sounds good to me"

"How about we go to the Hokage monument as we can have a good view at the clouds too?"

"Why not?, Let's go"

Those two went to the Hokage monument, hand in hand...

Looking as adorable as ever...

Narumi looked at Shikamaru, The height difference between them was quite big. Which made her look up just to see his lazy looking yet handsome face...

750 Words...