Part 3

I woke up by the sound of my ring tone. I sighed and stretched my arms out to grab my phone, but it must have been a little too far to reach because I almost fell out of my bed. I didn't have much time to recover from my almost-falling-out-of-bed-experience, because my phone immediately rang again. I groaned and quickly answered it, so that it would stop ringing.

I cleared my throat. "Theo, het is veel te vroeg om te bellen! Ik sliep nog!" {Theo, it's way to early to call! I was sleeping!}

I just knew it was my him. I mean, who else would call me? Yeah, no one.

"What? Uhm... Is this Nina?" A very confused girl asked.

Okay, that definitely wasn't my brother.

Note to self: answer the phone in English now that you live in America.

The voice sounded familiar, but I couldn't remember where I'd heard it before. It took me a few seconds to realize it was Taylor.

"Taylor! Erm.. sorry, I thought you were my brother!" I explained awkwardly.

She laughed. "Weirdo! Anyway, do you want to hang out with us?"

"I.. Erm... Who's us?" I asked her, kind confused.

"Lucy and Thomas! Oh and me of course! So are you coming or not? They won't bite you!" She added, and I could just hear her smile through the phone.

I thought about it for a while, before deciding I would go. Maybe I could become friends with Lucy and Thomas. Besides, it wasn't like I had anything else planned.

"Hello? Nina? Are you still there?" Taylor asked impatiently. I held back a laugh. I had only known Taylor for like two days, but I could already tell this was typically her. The silence had only lasted a couple of seconds. This girl had absolutely zero patience whatsoever.

"Sure, I'll come," I said, "where are we going?"

"Great!" She cried out. "How'bout we meet at Starbucks? You know where that is now don't you? I'll be there in an hour or so, but you can come later if you need more time."

"Okay" I said, "See you there!"

"See ya!" She said, and we hung up.

- - - - - - - - - -

~ Dave ~

When I woke up, my first thought consisted of two words: bacon and eggs. Maybe three words, whatever.

The point was, that the delicious smell of bacon and eggs had drifted up to my bedroom from the kitchen downstairs. And my life-motto happened to be: no matter what time it is, when you smell bacon and eggs, you get the hell out of your bed. So I did; I threw the covers off my body and got out of bed.

As I walked down the stairs, only dressed in my sweatpants, the smell became more clear. God, I loved that smell more than anything in this world. When I came into the kitchen I found Nina, her back turned to me, dressed in a short summer dress. I couldn't help but check her out.

What? I'm a guy. She was pretty hot, get over it.

She hadn't noticed me, as she was busy preparing her breakfast. Correction - my breakfast.

I silently started to move closer to her, deciding to have a little fun. She didn't notice me at all, not even when I was very close. So, to scare her, I breathed against her neck.

Well, that definitely worked.

She immediately jumped, let out a scared little shriek and quickly turned around, holding her chest on the place where her heart was probably thumbing really loud. I chuckled at her reaction, she looked incredibly cute when she was scared.