Part 7

"Shit." Logan breathed in my neck, before roughly letting me go. "This isn't over, cupcake. I'll get you, one way or another." He quickly turned around and walked away. 

I kept hearing that last sentence in my head, over and over again. It really scared me. If Taylor hadn't showed up in time, what would have happened? What did he want from me? Would he really hurt me? I didn't know, the only thing I was sure of was that it had freaked me out.

Should I call the police or something? Thinking about it, I decided against it. He'd only kissed me, and not even on the lips. They'd probably think I was some kind of attention-seeking girl. No, I was fine. I could handle this myself.

'Think about something else, this won't make you happier.' I thought by myself. I sighed and let myself fall on my bed, wondering where Dave was. I hadn't seen him the whole day, and it was already 11 pm.

Just as I decided to watch TV, I heard the telephone ring. I groaned and jumped off my bed, rushing downstairs to pick it up.

"Hello, Nina speaking." I said. It was weird to pick up the phone talking English.

"Thank god, Nina." I heard Dave's husky voice on the other end of the line, "I need you to do something for me. It's important, just listen and do as I tell you, okay?"

He sounded really serious, I could tell something wasn't right. "Uhm.. Okay? What is it?" I asked him.

"Just listen and do as I tell you." His voice was still calm, but I could tell he was nervous. I didn't say anything and just waited for him to continue. "Go upstairs, to my room."

I walked into his room as he continued instructing me. "Look under my bed. Do you see the envelope?"

I knelt, and glanced under his bed. Yes, there was a white envelope. I stretched my arm out and grabbed it. 'FOR EMERGENCIES', someone had wrote down on it in a messy handwriting. I started to get a little nervous.

Emergencies? What was going on? 

"Do you have it?" Dave's impatient voice asked me through the telephone.

"Uhm.. yes." I said. "Dave, what's going on?" I asked him. "What's in the envelope?"

"It doesn't matter." He said. "You have to bring the envelope to me, okay?"

"How, walking? Where are you anyway?" I asked him, my voice a few octaves higher. Something was wrong, I felt it.

"Shit, no. You can't walk, I won't let you walk alone right now. It's 11 pm." I heard him curse under his breath.

There was a short silence, but after a few seconds he spoke up again. "You know what? Call a taxi, I'll pay you back. Yes, you have to call a taxi, let him drive you to the Police Department. Don't forget to bring the envelope!" He said to me.

"Police department? Are you in jail? Dave, please tell me what's going on?" I almost begged him.

"Listen Nina, I really need to go now. Just please come with the envelope, okay?" He asked me urgently.

I sighed. "Okay. But you will have to explain me everything later."

"Just get your pretty ass over here." He said, jokingly. I just knew he was smirking right now. Could you believe that guy? He was in jail, asking me for help, but nevertheless he was still acting like an asshole.

"Jerk." I snapped at him, and I hung up. But I was relieved that he could still joke around. I called a taxi and told the taxi driver to bring me to the address Dave had given to me.