Part 2

I woke up from the sun beaming on my face. It was only 7 AM, but the sun was already shining brighter than it had probably ever been shining in Holland. I didn't even mind that it was so early, it was a good way to wake up and it instantly put me in a good mood. 

I sat up in my bed and grabbed my phone. It had been too long since I'd last spoke to my brother, I had to call him. When I unlocked my screen, I realized that he must've been thinking the same: I had three missed calls from him last night. Oops, sorry Theo.

I called him back, but he didn't pick up his phone. Maybe has something to do with the time-difference? What time would it be in the Netherlands right now? I sighed, as I realized that the communication with my brother was going to be a little bit harder than I had anticipated. 

I got up and took a quick, cold shower, to properly wake myself up. When I was all dried off I took a sprint from the bathroom to my room, since the only thing I was wearing was a short towel wrapped around my body and I didn't want Dave to see me like this. Luck was on my side and I got in my room without bumping into him. I guess he was still sleeping, it was quite early and he didn't seem to be the type of guy to wake up at this time.

Back in my room I threw on a pretty, dark blue sundress, that matched my blue eyes. I hadn't got the chance to wear it before because in Holland it had simply been too cold. Here in America, I would really take advantage of the sun. While brushing through my long, brown hair I wondered what I would do today. I decided to have breakfast at Starbucks, something that I had always wanted to do, but never could before because there was no Starbucks where I used to live. I smiled in myself, I started to like it more and more in America, and this was only my first day!

I put on a little bit of make up and when I was perfectly happy with the way I looked, I grabbed the book I was currently reading - It's Kind Of A Funny Story by Ned Vizzini - so that I would have something to do while having breakfast. I left the house humming a song, it was a beautiful day.

I knew the way to Starbucks since I had searched up where it was on Google-maps earlier. While walking there, my phone started to ring. I checked the caller ID and smiled to myself - It was Theo. 

"THEOOOOO!!" I shouted in my phone, generally happy to speak with him.

I heard my brother laugh on the other end of the line, "Aww Nina, I miss you already." 

"Yeah, right," I answered, rolling my eyes, even though he obviously can't see that, "anyways, have I missed anything?"

"You've literally only been gone for like twenty-four hours sis, but have you already forgotten that nothing ever happens here?" 

"Right, sorry." 

"But, tell me," he insisted enthusiastically, "How's your roommate?" 

"Yeah... About that..." I began telling him the whole story from the fact that Dave thought I'd be Theodor to  him being rude and not showing me around whatsoever. I told him every little detail, as we always did.

"Well, maybe he'll warm up to you. And if not, you'll just come back here, with me. I seriously wasn't kidding when I said I was already missing you. It's even more boring here without you." 

"Aww, Theo! That's why I said you should've come with me! But no, Mister Boring didn't want to leave his comfort zone!"

We chatted some more about this and that, before finally hanging up. It was only then, that I realized I had no idea where I was. While being on the phone with Theo, I had just walked around, not at all noticing where I was going. I bit my lip, frustrated. Really? This was the first day, and I was already getting lost?