Part 8

I looked at myself in Taylor's full body mirror. I was wearing light pink, high-wasted skater skirt, which hugged my curves perfectly. I had matched it with a simple white shirt and the cute silver necklace my little brother had gave me as a goodbye present when I left Holland. A sad smile formed on my lips when I thought of him. I'd never thought I'd actually miss the annoying little boy.

I inspected my face. My lashes were covered in black mascara, making them stand out perfectly. I had a bit of lip gloss on my lips, but other then that I didn't wear much make-up, as I hated to look 'fake'.

My eyes travelled to Taylor's reflection, who was standing beside me. She wore the blue dress we had bought for her the other day and I had given her smokey eyes. Every single strand of her short hair was put in place perfectly. I honestly thought she looked stunningly beautiful.

"I can't believe this is me." Taylor whispered, touching her face as if she was checking if the beautiful girl in the mirror would do the same.

I sent her a bright smile. "You look stunning! Thomas won't be able to take his eyes off you tonight!"

Her cheeks turned the slightest shade of pink. "I don't know. I don't think he likes me, Nina. He's really popular, you know. He's got the looks, he's funny, he's a gentleman and he's also pretty rich. Every girl wants to be with him. I don't have a chance really." She said, her eyes looking sad.

Was she crazy or something? She was kindhearted, smart and beautiful. Any boy would want her, she was the perfect girl. She really needed to stop getting herself down.

"Tay, look at yourself, you look perfect. You are perfect. And if Thomas doesn't see that, then that's a shame for him." I told her, as I grabbed my favorite vanilla perfume.

She sighed dramatically, causing me to laugh. She could be such a drama queen sometimes. "You'll be fine, it's just a boy." I giggled, spraying some perfume on us.

~

Minutes later I sat in the passenger seat of Taylors small car. I hoped Thomas would ask her to dance tonight. She really deserved it, it would make her so happy. They would make such a cute couple.

A bump in the road made me snap out of my thoughts. Taylor had pulled into the gravel driveway of a big house. House, that was a massive understatement. You could easily call this a mansion. You could hear faint pop-music come from the huge, white house, telling us that the party had already started.

Taylor parked the car, but I didn't move. As I was eyening the mansion in awe, I heard her giggle beside me.

"I told you Thomas and Lucy were pretty loaded!" She chirped, obviously enjoying the stunned expression that must have been on my face. Or probably still was on my face.

"Yeah, but you didn't tell me he lived in..." I paused to search for the right word.

"A castle?" Taylor offered, with her bright signature smile still plastered on her face.

"Yeah, castle." I said, still admiring the house. "Wait, did you said Thomas and Lucy lived here?" I asked her, remembering what she'd just said.

"Yes, they are sublings. How can you not have seen that?" She asked me.

I shrugged. "Anyway, let's go! We came here to party, remember?" I smiled at her.

"And party we will!" She cried out, and we jumped out of the car, after checking our make up in the little mirror one last time.

As we walked through the huge, wooden front door of the house, the aroma of alcohol, sweat and various kind of perfumes reached my nose, and loud pop music roamed around my ears. Yes, this was your typical teenage party. It was going to be a long night.