━ five

-ˏˋ ━━━━━━━ ˊˎ-

high tensions.

"JESSICA! HEY! OVER here!" Chris pounded his fist against drop-off station door that separated himself, Sam, and Florence from Jessica who was on the other side

"JESSICA! HEY! OVER here!" Chris pounded his fist against drop-off station door that separated himself, Sam, and Florence from Jessica who was on the other side. She had to open it for them, otherwise they'd be stuck inside.

Jessica furrowed her eyebrows. "Are you guys having a really weird stroke?"

"We're stuck in this stupid thing." Chris answered.

"Can you please let us out?" Sam begged. "Pretty please?"

Jessica pressed the button that unlocked the door and it swung open, granting them entrance. A blast of frigid air and snowflakes hit them the moment they walked out of the station.

"Oh my god!" Chris gaped, feigning relief. "Another ten minutes in there and I would have chewed off my own leg."

Florence groaned in disgust. "Sick, Chris."

"Look, I got a lot of meat on my bones." Chris argued, motioning to his legs. "This is all muscle down here."

Sam scoffed. "Yeah, right."

Chris made a whooping sound as he snatched a pink envelope out of Jessica's hand to snoop.

"Hey!" Jessica cried out.

"Well, well, well. What do we have here?"

"Chris!"

"My goodness!" Chris gaped as he looked at the name scribbled on the envelope. "Seems like someone has a little crush on our good friend and dear class president Michael Munroe."

"Chris." Sam sighed, attempting to cease his teasing.

Florence knew of the love triangle drama that had been occurring recently between Mike, Jessica, and Emily.

Mike had broken up with Emily and began dating Jessica. In response, and —arguably— to make Mike jealous, Emily turned to Matt for comfort and began dating him. Emily and Jessica constantly sniped at each other, making passive-aggressive comments that eventually turned into heavy arguments that either Mike or Matt had to diffuse.

Florence thought that it had gone on too long and all of them should be mature enough by now to apologize to one another and smooth everything out. She didn't like seeing Emily use Matt as a rebound to make Mike jealous, and she really didn't like seeing Emily and Jessica constantly fighting. She knew that the longer it went on, the higher the chances of everyone getting hurt were. Yet, she kept quiet in fear that she would be pulled into the toxic pool of malignant arguments and unyielding attitudes.

"And," Chris drew on, continuing his teasing, "what kind of sizzling erotica might our Jessica be capable of imagining. I wonder. . ."

"Mike and Em split." Jessica explained, informing the uninformed of the bunch of what had been going on. "We're together."