Chapter 4 - Drifting Apart

Several years had passed since the 4 had discovered their power.
Yet despite such a fantastic and powerful team, they separated.
Mizu and Nashi stayed close, going on missions and taking down villains, all while getting money and even their own shares apartment.
"I still think that having your own apartment at 16 is a little sketchy," Lucy and Levy would always discuss.
"You're over reacting," Gajeel would say to the two ladies.
"For once, I agree with Metal Head here - the girls are strong wizards who can handle themselves," and the two ladies would just huff.
And for the boys? Kuro and Kyo took missions that lasted years - this one just recently going on 4. No one had heard of them or seen them in about 3 years, and it wasn't often brought up as a topic. The girls didn't like to discuss it either.

"Why not this one?" Nashi suggested, yanking it down from the top of the board.

"I would t suggest it," someone said behind them.

"Don't think we can handle it?" Mizu taunting, going for the iron knife tucked under her belt before Nashi stopped her.

"Why?" Nashi questioned.

"6 different teams from several different guilds tried that job and didn't return," he said. "Something about a burglar,"

"Burglar?" Nashi laughed out loud, which went unheard to anyone only a few feet away because the guild was loud even though it was only 8 am.

"We're going on this job," Mizu said. "We should get packing,"

As the 2 girls went for the door, their mothers jumped to their sides.

"You can't!" Levy pleaded to her daughter.

"Please, don't!" Lucy cried. Nasty came to her side.

"She's growing up, Lucy," Natsu said, pulling Lucy away. Nashi went for a hug.

"I will come back," Nashi promised. "Don't worry,"

The two girls parted out the door and two the apartment to pack. They began their journey with over sized back packs on their backs and started into the woods. After walking for about an hour of silence, the two heard a stifled scream come from the underbrush that wasn't two far ahead of them. The girls exchanged looks before diving behind a tree and watching from a distance.

"I can't believe you did that," a voice spoke. "You don't just 'accidentally' turn on your magic and destroy our food,"

"You think I would destroy our food on PURPOSE?" Another argued back.

"I don't know, dude," the other stated. "You have some weird reasoning," The two girls looked at each other.

Should we attack? Who are they? A threat?

When in doubt, Natsu would always say. Just attack.

But then again, Lucy would always say, It was that kind of plan that would get us killed!

Nashi shrugged and stood to charge, but Mizu called out to her.

"Wait!" She called, "I think I know who they are!" But Nashi was already running. Mizu sprinted after her, but unfortunately, both managed to trip and fly into a nearby running stream, soaking them from head to toe, and also giving the perfect opportunity for awkward eye contact with the strangers.

But Nashi only remembers her eyes widening and both her and Mizu saying in unison, "Kuro? Kyo?"