Chapter 5 - Finding Each Other

Nashi POV

I gagged. I was drenched in cold; stream water, yet my whole body felt warm. My eyes were widened. It was as if everything paused - we all couldn't stop staring. 

"I'm confused," Kuro broke the silence. "Who are you guys?" Mizu exploded, jumping across the stream and landing a fist across his face. Kuro screamed in pain as Mizu continuously lectured Kuro, all while he began to laugh and cry as he mocked her horrible punches and laughed how she hasn't changed. 

Yet I only stood, glaring at Kyo. I felt my face grow warm and my eyes filled with tears. I dove at him in a hug, but bounced right off of him. I picked myself from the ground, giving soft and concerned eyes to Kyo. He grabbed his stomach and laughed. I shoved him and he fell back into the stream where I had been, but still laughed. I was not amused. 

But at this time, I suddenly realized I was freezing, my spare clothes all drenched. Kyo noticed my discomfort and picked himself from the stream. He walked past Mizu beating Kuro senseless and tossed me a dry sweatshirt.  I threw it on. 

"Where have you been?" I asked, sitting myself down on the ground. He sat silent for a moment. 

"We failed," his head dropped. "We couldn't win. We didn't want to go home and face everyone - it was -  it was just too much," 

"So you just didn't send a letter, didn't try to contact anyone?" I could hear my voice rising and my hands clenched into fists. I felt my palms grow warm and a small flame lit. I needed to calm myself. Kyo rubbed his face with his hands. His eyes grew watery.  

"You couldn't understand-"

"Let me understand!" I screamed, but then soon fell back and embarrassment.  

There was a movement in the bushes, then, a scream. We all jumped to our feet. Even Mizu stopped beating Kuro and stood. 

Bullets began to fly from the bushed and struck my arm. I screamed in pain and fell back. Warm blood ran down my arm and my eyes drifted shut.

Sorry for not  updating recently. I didn't think this would get so much hype, to be honest! Thank you so much for 500+ reads and 16 votes, please keep them coming! I love you all and I'll do what I can to keep up with the updates :)