Chapter 1

Disclaimer:

Starting as a CPU from Zero is a work of fiction. I do not own any of the Re:Zero characters or original stories, only the plot of this fanfic and my OC. The Re:Zero characters and original storyline belong to Tappei Nagatsuki. This is written solely for entertainment. Inspiration for my OC's abilities come from TrapMaster20 on Wattpad. Give their books a read if ya don't mind.

ARC 01

" " Speaking

' ' Thoughts

El Fura Bold=Attack or strong shout, or Witch of Envy talking.

Chapter 1

3rd Person Pov

In one dimension a black haired Japanese male has just been transported to a place called Lugnica, while in another, a teenage male had just been engulfed in an explosion that even a god (1) would have been hard pressed to escape unscathed. While our protagonist should have died or at least disintegrated, something decided to interfere. Or rather someone. 

Moments before the explosion, a distortion in space appears and instead of being caught in the explosion, an unconscious Nise falls into the distortion rift. On the other side of the rift, a pale figure is seen with a black veil covering her face, and shadowy masses around her resembling hands. No details of her face can be made out, but one thing is clear, she is... crying? 

She is crying, the same way you would if you were told someone you love was given the death penalty. (2). Even in his unconscious state, Nise appears uncomfortable and reaches out to the mysterious figure. 

But she ignores this, pushes his hands down and speaks. "SavehimsavekeephimsafeIlovehimProtectSaveFlugelSubaruLoveLoveLove." ??? says.

"Youwillhelphimright? I'llgiveyoupowerkeephimsafedonthurthimlovehim... "

And then clearer, "Please keep my beloved safe like I couldn't, please help him."

The first person speaking sounds slightly insane while the other sounds broken and dead inside. Nise, while still knocked out, reaches for her again. This time she doesn't pull away, and he presses her into a hug. 

"Don't cry, big brother is here for you, Kotori." 

It's obvious he's not speaking to her, but she appreciates it nonetheless. The figure smiles sadly, but there was a hint of warmth. 

"Thank you."

After this is said, multiple shadows reach out and Nise is grabbed. And before he can wake up, another distortion is opened and he is sent to the same place as the other male. Causing drastic but hopefully better, irreparable changes to what occurs. Of course this intervention wasn't without consequences.

1st Person Pov Nise

"Ugggggghhhh, huh? Where am I?" Man, my head is ringing. It feels like a group of elephants were crammed in my skull and decided to tap dance. Ignoring the fact that I seem to have a hangover, I try to recall what I was doing previously. 

'Ok I was fighting something or someone to protect... someone else? No that's not it. I was protecting Ko, Ko, I was protecting Ko... '

Crap! What's her name?!" Try as I might I can't remember her name. Worse I can't remember what I was doing beforehand or my family or people I may have knew. To add insult to injury I remember pretty much everything not related to those events.

 "Welp, no use in worrying about things out of my control. I need to focus on what I can control and then start Nepping around later."  I say before pausing and hearing myself, "Firstly figure out why I said Nepping around instead of fooling around, and secondly figure out my whereabouts."