Chapter Two: Hostages

One thing that I have definitely learned from all of this is that you shouldn’t try to act like a super ninja from movies; otherwise you will end up sprawled on the floor as I am currently. Priority one is stay alive. It’s as simple as that, how will I help Rose if I’m a goner? I need to be like Nikita or Aaron Hotchner and think of a tactical plan to save everyone.

 Like a sixteen year old girl with no skills whatsoever can save around five hundred people from two hundred armed men. Okay, so maybe I can’t save everyone but my mother always said ‘You’ll never know if you don’t give it a try’. Well she only said that when I was five and refused to eat vegetable because they were yucky and gross. It’s the same thing right? Who am I kidding; it’s definitely not the same.

 What would Nikita do? Easy, she’d do some kind of flip thing and kick ass. What would Aaron do? He’d analyse everything with his team and then he’d try negotiation. What are the odds of me negotiating with two hundred armed men and getting my way? Nada. I forgot to ask myself the most important question of all, how would Jackie Chan deal with this? He’d go kung fu ninja on them all. I knew I should have taken boxing lessons when I was younger!

 After lifting myself off the floor, I run to the janitor’s closet. I slide down the wall behind me and pull my knees to my chest.

Zoe, you will not die.

Zoe, you will not and I repeat NOT die.

Zoe, you will not die.

Zoe, you will die!

No, I didn’t mean that! You will not die.

That’s it, I rip open the janitor’s personal bag and go through it. I find a notebook and pen,  a snickers bar and a bottle of pop. Putting the chocolate bar and drink to the side for later, I grab the notebook and pen.

 17th June 2012

Today is a day of many first experiences, first of all being, I left my English paper at home.

·        I signed a dodgy contract

·        I spoke to Jeremy

·        I had someone sit on me

·        I had been surrounded by two hundred armed men

·        I had been stared at by everyone

·        I was slapped by a hairy gorilla ape man

·        I woke up in the infirmary for the first time

·        I stole from the infirmary

·        I tried out moves they tell you not to try out

·        I hid in the janitors closet

·        I stole from the janitor

·        I wrote in a notebook that doesn’t belong to me

I know that the ape man has sent someone to lock me away, which of course isn’t going to happen. Okay, it might. To say that I’m not scared whatsoever would be the biggest lie I have ever told. I am terrified.

PLAN

Break into science lab; take chemicals that can be used to harm the evil maniac killers.

Try to find a phone or a way of communication to the outside world.

NUMBER ONE PRIORITY: MUST SAVE ROSE