Chapter Three: The Black Eyed Blood Suckers

"You know, it's pretty stuffy in here," Nick mutters, as he leans against the wall, next to me. Annoyed with his sense of immaturity, I snap my head to his direction and narrow my eyes.

"Don't you think I know that?" I sigh, closing my eyes.

"Maybe we should get a new lair," he says suggestively, causing me to reopen my eyes.

"We? There is no we. There's a Reed, the leader and a Caffrey, the maniac but there is certainly no we!" I snap at the incredibly annoying, drop dead gorgeous boy, who stares at me calmly with a cocky smirk tugging the corners of his full lips. I shake the thought out of my head, he's a maniac. Maniacs are evil, coniving little monsters who have kept me from my lunch. I focus my eyes back on to him again, I instantly notice his eyes wandering elswhere and curiosity courses through my veins.

"What are you looking at?" I ask, furrowing my brows as I follow his eyes that lead down to the neck of my shirt. My blood rushes up to the surface of my cheeks, causing them to burn red. Embarrasment sweeps over my face as I realise how exposed I was to the other gender. I pull out a hoodie from the janitor's bag and throw it on.

"I've kidnapped the worlds most perverted boy," I cry into my hands, after hiding my face from him.

"If it makes you feel any better, I think you're drop dead gorgeous too," he says softly, pulling my hands away from my face.

"You're so weird, how do you always know what I'm thinking? Can you read minds or something? Obviously not, that's crazy right? You're making me go coocoo dude," I ramble and he slowly places a finger on my lip, signalling me to shut the hell up.

"Maybe, maybe not," he shrugs and I raise my eyebrows.

"Well then, thank you for the compliment," I say slowly, not breaking eye contact.

"Anytime, sweetheart," he winks and I gasp.

"I hate you" I snap, narrowing my eyes. He gives me a flirtatious smile and licks his lips ever so slowly, fully aware that I was watching. I swallow the lump building at the back of my throat and look away, he's teasing me. I shake my head slowly, What is happening to me? I ask myself. How can a maniac effect me so bad? I will not let him get in the way of my mission; to save Rose.

"So, what are the sleeping arrangements?", he asks, creating thoughts to roam around in my head. I close my eyes for a second, thinking of a way to escape this situation. Failing at that, I give him a simple shake of my head, telling him that I don't know. I remember his comment about the lack of space in here, I definitely agree. I can hardly breathe. A unreadable look consumes his face, leaving me to stare at him with curiosity. His green eyes light up, breathtakingly.

"What?" I ask, desperate to know what's running through his mind.

"Well, since there's hardly any room in here and it's freezing, we'll have to cuddle to keep each other to keep warm," he smirks as he shrugs his shoulders.

"No way, that's not an option," I declare, avoiding his 'you know I'm right' stare.

"Unless you have a better idea-", he grins but I cut him off.

"Fine!" I snap and as a reply, he wiggles his eyebrows suggestively. He lifts off his white shirt, so that his muscular toned chest, stares at me. I narrow my eyes and he shrugs, then positions his body on the floor. Before I lie down beside him, I hold up my index finger, "no funny business," I warn him. He nods and pulls me down. I move a little towards the wall, leaving a gap between us. My face heats up and my hands become sweaty by the thought of him shirtless, an inch away from me. Before I know it, his hands grasp my waist and pull me to his torso. I shake my head, this is going to be a long night.