Helping her [JiYoo]

The dark purple and blue lights illuminated the room, giving off an artificial sunset aesthetic. The room was packed with youngsters, looking for a distraction, others there just to chill. Have a good night. Contrary to the atmosphere, it was heavy and gloomy, at least for one person.

Yoohyeon sat there with a glass in hand and the other, across her bulging belly. She stared at the young people having fun, dancing, or making out with one another. She wished to go back in time, back to when she wasn't in this unfortunate situation but, oh well, what could she do? What is done, is done.

She should've listened to her parents, her friend, and even to that one stranger who had tried to help her, but her stubborn self just wouldn't listen. Now she is here, living with the consequences of her own stupid actions.

"Are you sure you aren't expecting? I don't want to be legally in trouble if something happens to you?" said the bartender. He had been eying her the whole time, suspicious about her as soon as she sat down on one of the bar stools.

"I'm fine and no I'm not pregnant. Plus it's none of your business." she rolled her eyes and raised her glass, signaling him to get her a refill of whiskey neat.

The man sighed and continued his job, after giving her what she asked for. "I'll continue keeping an eye on you though, if anything happens, I'll call emergency. You're definitely pregnant but it's none of my business." he turned around and took his phone from the cabinet, raising it. As if to warn her about how serious he was.

The young girl scoffed, not taking his words seriously, "yea whatever, just let me be. No one cares if I get home safely anyway." She grabbed the glass and turned away from the bar, looking at the crowd of people. She admitted that some were attractive, both the men and women of the place but none of them caught her eye, at least not yet.

"Why did I even come here? Such a waste of time." She mumbled to herself, although the loud blaring sound of terrible pop music made it impossible for her to even hear herself. She didn't even know why she came in there in the first place, each time she came in there, she left with disappointment. Alas, she wasn't the only one who felt that about herself.

I mean, who wouldn't feel disappointed that their only daughter started off as a promising student, a student who could've easily made it to one of the most prestigious schools in the country? Just to end up dropping out 2 months before her high school graduation, with her grades all below 40%? She couldn't blame them, but she also couldn't tell them the reason for her sudden downfall.

Of course, after the confession and her parents almost dying from heart attacks, they kicked her out. Left her on her own, open to the dangers of society, and open to the people who caused her downfall.

She just couldn't be mad at them. She was madder at herself and moved on not too long after because that is just how life is. She had to learn how to fend for herself, which proved to be harder since she was born with a silver spoon and had never experienced being poor when she was younger. Now with an extra burden attached to her like a leech, she had to also think about their future and if she is even gonna have them.

Her thoughts were interrupted when a woman with red bright hair appeared in front of her, smiling big and waving her hand. "Hi, I'm Minji but call me Jiu. Mind if I sit here?" The girl named Minji asked, pointing to the empty stool beside Yoohyeon.

She nodded in response, "Sure. I'll buy you a drink if you would like. Anything under 20 though." With a wave of her hand, the bartender came quickly. Minji was surprised because she usually had trouble getting the bartender's attention but the woman beside her only waved her hand once and got his full attention.

Minji was already eying the stranger earlier but this—this intrigued her even more.

"Draft beer will be fine, I don't want anything too heavy," Minji said to the man and he gave her a funny look before giving her what she wanted. "Here you go, I'll be sure to put it on Yoohyeon's tab. Plus I don't know what you mean by anything not too heavy, it's a pint of beer sweetheart but enjoy please." He gave her a final look and mouthed, slightly pointing at Yoohyeon, "Take care of her." Minji understood and gave him a nod in response.