1st story: Part 2

"Mr and Mrs Astor?" Jessica was shocked to see they were home so early.

They had been at a conference and weren't expected to be back until eleven o'clock, it was only ten.

"Are you okay?" Mrs Astor asked, examining Jessica's messy hair, sweaty skin and dirty shirt that smelt of Calpol.

Compared to Jessica who was very filthy, Mr and Mrs Astor were fully drenched in make up and posh clothing.

"Do you have medicine on you?" Mr Astor raised his eyebrows.

"Haha, good point," Jessica replied awkwardly, "no, no, it's uh paint. Cyril is into arts and crafts."

Jessica's fingers were tightly crossed, squeezing hope to her brain.

"Well yes, he's getting A's in art." Mrs Astor seemed very annoyed.

Why though?
She hasn't even found out her son is lying unconscious on the floor yet, about to wake up...

"Oh my god! Jessy!" wide arms and smiles awaited Jessica from her friend Anne Astor, emerging from a car.

She sprung out of the vehicle with buzzing adrenaline that was brighter than fire. Jessica was cheery too, she had been saved from further inquisition from Mrs and Mr Astor.

Anne firmly hugged Jessica until she couldn't breathe.

"Lovely seeing you, hope you had a nice time at the conference and at your party Anne."
(The one Jessica wasn't invited to).
"But you can't come in yet. Oh no, how unfortunate!"

Jessica couldn't lie without seeming weird.

Silence.

Anne rolled her eyes, "Jessy, are you always so... you?", ouch, "don't worry, we don't care if the house is a mess."

Anne's parents exchanged glances. They cared.

Anne pushed through the doorway, shoving Jessica to the side.

"Cyril, sissy's home!" Anne excitedly called out.

Don't wake him up! Jessica's mind shrieked.

But it was too late, Anne was already making lots of noise from her loud, exuberant voice and thunderous tapping of high heels.

"Hello Anne," a relaxed Cyril replied.

"Anne get out," Jessica said in a casual tone, trying not to make herself look any more suspicious, "Anne you must get out-"

Jessica stopped talking.

Crash.

"What the hell Cyril! Why are you trying to- no put it down! Mum! Dad! He's gone INSANE!" Anne bellowed from inside of the house.

"Siblings, what are they like," Mrs Astor sighed, not realising that this was something more than a little brawl.

Jessica faked laugh, then stopped immediately, and said in a serious tone, "Yeah, no. There's something I forgot to tell you. It's about Cyril."

But Jessica didn't need to explain, a loud scream from Anne did it for her.

Anne's parents hurried inside.

Jessica could hear them telling of Cyril, but she had no sight of them.

She still stood in the doorway, waiting for the return of the others but they were too busy shouting and stomping around the house.

Jessica took a deep breath.
"It will be fine. Cyril's parents will stop him and phone a doctor. All will be great, you won't get fired and no one will die," Jessica reassured herself with false words.